Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did anyone here ever have a near death experience?

kadosh

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:32 am
Did anyone here ever have an NDE?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 1:53 am
Didn't get to that point exactly. But I had an anaphylactic reaction and people around me were confused and didn't know what to do. It was getting progressively worse in minutes. I knew I was in danger. BH at the very last minute before my throat closed in I received epinephrine, prednisone and a antihistamine in an iv line and it worked right away!

I think subconsciously I am traumatized because I felt myself slipping away.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:11 am
I was shot at by a gun and the bullet missed me by a few inches. Afterward I saw white lights and what felt like angels. So that was my near death experience.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 7:17 am
I didn't have the white light and angels kind of NDE. But when I was 16 my school was doing construction to add an entire floor. I was walking up the stairs that had a scaffolding on top of it. I was one step away from the landing when the scaffolding collapsed. A worker had accidentally dropped a large piece of concrete. I stumbled backward, blacked out for a couple seconds, and when I came to I was staring up at a gorgeous blue sky framed by broken wood and worried faces looking down. My feet were covered in rubble. I was lying backwards on the stairs.

There was just enough rubble on my feet to hold me in place so I didn't fall down all the stairs but not enough to injure me. I walked away with scratches Baruch Hashem.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:14 am
B'h, my closest was almost drowning. I went swimming with friends in the ocean/sea. The area was nice and empty and we realized later it was because you weren't allowed to swim there because of the currents, they were too strong. Drowing is a terrifiying way to go. No nothing except being terrified.

leah233

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:46 am
I never had one but the super of a building I used to live in had one after a stroke. He saw lights and felt himself floating upwards and he saw himself on the operating table. He heard one doctor telling another "We're losing him. Well try once more or it won't help"

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:50 am
I didn't exactly have a near death experience but I thought I was going to die.
My ex and I went boating as newlyweds and as a joke (?) he pointed something out to me and I leaned over to see better and while I was leaning out of the boat he pushed me out.
I am a good swimmer but I tumbled over a few times and had no idea which way was up. My hair had been covered and my lenses were in my eyes and I was all mixed up. I had no air in my lungs. I remember thinking that I have one shot at choosing which way was up and I'd better not come up under the boat or that's it.
The next thing I knew my head was out of the water alongside the boat. B"H.

fiddle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:51 am
yo'ma wrote:
B'h, my closest was almost drowning. I went swimming with friends in the ocean/sea. The area was nice and empty and we realized later it was because you weren't allowed to swim there because of the currents, they were too strong. Drowing is a terrifiying way to go. No nothing except being terrified.

same as me Smile , are you me?
horrible way to die. there's nothing to do, and you know it's coming. you either struggle and die trying, or you give up and die giving up. I just saw that last wave crash over my head and blacked out......

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:54 am
fiddle wrote:
same as me Smile , are you me?
horrible way to die. there's nothing to do, and you know it's coming. you either struggle and die trying, or you give up and die giving up. I just saw that last wave crash over my head and blacked out......

B'h I didn't even get that far. I was able to swim to shore.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:25 am
This is horrifying to me as a very close person to me drowned, I was hoping it went fast and she didn't realize what was going on... Sad

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:32 am
Doctor accidentally gave me an overdose to put me out for surgery, they had lots of trouble waking me up. I never saw a tunnel, nor did I see a light at the end of anything. Just darkness.

milkshake

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 10:47 am
I think OP is talking about Near Death Experience (in which you can see outside of your body, as though you are floating upwards), not whether anyone has almost died.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 12:27 pm
I used to be a nightwalker as a young kid. And sleep very deep. Also I was a bedwetter then. My emotional abusive father used his abusive words and forceful actions to put sleeping me on the toilet. I usually woke up crying and seeing stars. I felt as though I am flying up up high and not within me. I thought I'm dying litteraly. When I started seeing I felt as though I was thrown back down and pushed hard to the floor into a small hole. I was even looking up for a way to get out the hole. B ''h I crossed him out of my life and am heeling from all his abuse that had effected on me. But this feeling I still have sometimes waking up in middle of the night.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:01 pm
When I was four years old I drowned in a (mens)mikva. I still remember it clearly. My father I a rov and the Mikva was in the same building as the shul and where we lived. So one day I found the door open (until today no one understands how this happened that at 1pm the door should be open and unsupervised!)
I remember wearing a light blue dress with a sewn on apron of red with tiny yellow flowers and white ruffles. I remeber walking down the steps, down down intoo the water.
The next thing I remember is watching myself from the left corner of the ceiling, seeing myself kickingg and floating and just laying there. And then I Sawa man with awhite beard pullme out.
Someone really lemeout but he had a black beard. I dodnt remember it being him. I just remember seeing it all from "up". There and the man with a white beard pulling me out.
That's the last thing I recall. Anything after that how I was full of water etc and how I came to is all gone from memory.
For years I thought it's a normal way to remember something. Till a therapist explained to me that seeing myself from out of my body is whatthey call aNDE. Also remembering a different man so vividly.

Anon cuz too many people know this story Smile

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 5:45 pm
milkshake wrote:
I think OP is talking about Near Death Experience (in which you can see outside of your body, as though you are floating upwards), not whether anyone has almost died.

I'm pretty sure we all realize that, but since most of us did not experience that we're sharing the next best thing. Very Happy

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 5:46 pm
Thanks for the hugs ladies
But the truth is: I don't remember it being a negative experience. I remember it as a calm one. Strange...
Eta:
Though it calms me: I have such a fear of dying. Maybe I can focus on this memory and can reassure myself that it is a calming experiience...at least I hope so!

kenz

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 6:02 pm
amother wrote:
I didn't exactly have a near death experience but I thought I was going to die.
My ex and I went boating as newlyweds and as a joke (?) he pointed something out to me and I leaned over to see better and while I was leaning out of the boat he pushed me out.
I am a good swimmer but I tumbled over a few times and had no idea which way was up. My hair had been covered and my lenses were in my eyes and I was all mixed up. I had no air in my lungs. I remember thinking that I have one shot at choosing which way was up and I'd better not come up under the boat or that's it.
The next thing I knew my head was out of the water alongside the boat. B"H.

Big wonder he's your ex...

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 8:22 pm
milkshake wrote:

But this thread is probably therepeutic for all who posted, so who cares? Wink

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 8:40 pm
My mother almost drowned when she was four years old. They were crossing a windy stormy river in late fall in a flimsy boat. It tipped over. My mom was wearing a fur coat, hat, and boots. She remembers thinking "I'm drowning," but then something pushed her up and she was able to tread water. She thinks it was a malach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics