Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DD losing interest - PLEASE help if you can!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 2:12 pm
On day 2 of toilet training almost-3 DD. She's losing interest. She knows before she needs to make but is purposely making on the floor instead of going to the toilet. She says she wants to be a baby and wear diapers. Do I up the prizes? Punish her?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 2:30 pm
Please help. I am under a lot of stress, she and other DC have been off the walls today, and I am ready to lose it. As if I haven't already.

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 4:14 pm
Definitely do NOT punish her. Her actions are normal and suggest she's not ready to be trained yet. You could buy something she really wants, show her, tell her it's for when she's big enough to use the potty (during the day), and mention it every couple of days. I know this is hard for you, but you really will make both of you crazy if you force the issue right now.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 6:38 pm
PAMOM wrote:
Definitely do NOT punish her. Her actions are normal and suggest she's not ready to be trained yet. You could buy something she really wants, show her, tell her it's for when she's big enough to use the potty (during the day), and mention it every couple of days. I know this is hard for you, but you really will make both of you crazy if you force the issue right now.

She's ready. She knows before she needs to go. She's made it to the toilet numerous times. She's almost 3 for goodness sake. I think she's just messing with me.

notme

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 6:48 pm
She senses your stress. I know how hard it is but try to at least look like you don't care. My daughter did this too. I just said "oh you made" totally non nonchalant, cleaned up the pee, changed her and moved on. When she made in the toilet I gave her lots of extra praise. It took patience and persistence but it worked bH.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 6:51 pm
notme wrote:
She senses your stress. I know how hard it is but try to at least look like you don't care. My daughter did this too. I just said "oh you made" totally non nonchalant, cleaned up the pee, changed her and moved on. When she made in the toilet I gave her lots of extra praise. It took patience and persistence but it worked bH.

Can I hire you to come toilet train her???

I KNOW, I KNOW, this is probably the real problem here and I KNOW I am doing it all wrong but I am under so much stress now (not only b/c of this, though this is adding to it, other reasons) that I literally feel like I cannot.stay.calm. I know. Dumb time to toilet train, but smart for various logistical reasons, and I was sort of hoping she'd be one of those success-the-first-time stories, considering how old she is....

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 7:13 pm
I know this is not really the right way of doing things - please don't yell at me embarrassed Smile

So put her in a diaper when she wants. I did that. I was way too stressed about the situation and it was backfiring, so I let my dc wear diapers when she insisted. Guess what? 6 months later she is completely trained and who cares how it got done. I was much less stressed and we were both much happier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training