Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Day Trip on the way Upstate NY

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 4:55 pm
We are heading from Brooklyn to upstate NY for Shabbos. DH and I both have off work on Friday so we can leave Friday morning. We would love to plan a fun or relaxing stop somewhere along the way where we can hang out for a few hours. We are traveling with a 2 year old. Any ideas?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 5:26 pm
Palisades lookout
ruach chaim park in monroe- fantastic for 2yr old.
castle fun center
round lake paddle boats , near monroe

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 5:45 pm
Palisades Mall - Billy Beez, 2 is a little young, but it's a great place, and I think your kid will really enjoy it. There's also an indoor carousel and ferris wheel. Near the country is Holiday Mountain in Monticello.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 7:23 pm
How much would one expect to pay for 2 kids to play at the Palisades place, carousel, and ferris wheel?
And I know this seems a little weird but how is the lighting? I find that places with dark overall lighting and lots of lit-up activities are a sensory nightmare, but if the overall lights are on we can have a good time.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 10:20 pm
I don't remember prices, but they're listed on the Billy Beez web page. We didn't do carousel, but I doubt it's too expensive. The carousel is near the food court and definitely well lit. I checked some of our pictures from Billy Beez and it doesn't look very dark, nor do I recall it seeming particularly dark.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 12:41 am
Thanks! It doesn't have to be specifically child oriented. Just child friendly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics