Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What can I give her to eat?

redstrawberry

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 7:59 am
My baby is 9 months old. Now she gets oatmeal baby cereal and also some jars sometimes. I give her little food here and there. I need more ideas what can I give her on a daily basis.

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:07 am
Avocado, soft boiled chicken, yogurts, Mashed beans, banana, any boiled Vegtables, those finger puffs made for babies, cheerios, pieces of fruit like peaches or plums (I remove the peels), cucumbers, tomatoes.... The list is endless.

redstrawberry

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:10 am
Stars wrote:
Avocado, soft boiled chicken, yogurts, Mashed beans, banana, any boiled Vegtables, those finger puffs made for babies, cheerios, pieces of fruit like peaches or plums (I remove the peels), cucumbers, tomatoes.... The list is endless.

I'll go buy, some of them I give already. What can be for meals?

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:23 am
Breakfast : scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt or cheese (one of the above)
Lunch: a vegetable, sometimes oatmeal (if he didn't have it for breakfast
Supper : whatever we eat, and if there isn't anything suitable for baby I'll feed him a half a chicken jar mixed with a fruit jar (that's the only way he'll touch the chicken jar)
Snacks: fruits, cheerios, corn pops, flutes, a vegetable jar or homemade vegtable mush (I sometimes put in some cheese)

redstrawberry

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:44 am
Stars wrote:
Breakfast : scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt or cheese (one of the above)
Lunch: a vegetable, sometimes oatmeal (if he didn't have it for breakfast
Supper : whatever we eat, and if there isn't anything suitable for baby I'll feed him a half a chicken jar mixed with a fruit jar (that's the only way he'll touch the chicken jar)
Snacks: fruits, cheerios, corn pops, flutes, a vegetable jar or homemade vegtable mush (I sometimes put in some cheese)

Thank you!

Just want to make sure that at 9 months they can eat everything already?

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:51 am
redstrawberry wrote:
Thank you!

Just want to make sure that at 9 months they can eat everything already?

No honey until a year, no nuts/seeds/other choking hazards. Most other foods are fine so long as you cut them up properly (e.g. cut hot dogs the long way, not into short chunks).

luppamom

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 9:28 am
Everything except cows milk and honey unless there are allergies in your family, but most of the calories at that age should still be coming from breast milk or formula. I don't think you need to give 3 meals of solids at that age.

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 9:32 am
luppamom wrote:
Everything except cows milk and honey unless there are allergies in your family, but most of the calories at that age should still be coming from breast milk or formula. I don't think you need to give 3 meals of solids at that age.

It depends on a child. My eight month old demands 2-3 meals of solids a day.

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 11:15 am
Why in the world was my post hugged?

Happy18

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 11:19 am
I've been giving my baby everything I eat with the exception of honey since she was about 8 months old. I just make sure the size is small enough that it is not a choking hazard. Check with your pediatrician but mine encouraged me to start the typical allergen foods early since we have no family history.

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 12:26 pm
My baby gets milk in his oatmeal and in his eggs, less than 2 oz at a time. My ped actually encouraged it but ask yours for an opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics