Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Manchester - what is there to do with kids?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 11:58 pm
Hi, I am coming to Manchester next week for a couple of weeks with a bunch of kids bli ayin hara, aged 16 through 2.
We are hoping to manage without hiring a car because we are nervous about driving on the left side and also it is so expensive!
Could those of you in Manchester please share with me your ideas for activities and trips to do in Manchester or nearby using public transport? Thank you. Also, how much does it cost to travel by bus, eg from broughton Park into the city center? TIA!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:33 am
there is a lego discovery centre in the trafford centre. I think you can get there with two busses but not sure exactly how - check google maps.

there are also a few museums - the science museum, and one with egyptian mummies (I think that is near the university). Both are free and have some interesting stuff.

Heaton park has boating and animals and other stuff.

We took our kids (ages 6-15) to Breakout Manchester and they LOVED it. We still talk about it. It is a bit expensive (they charged us 60pounds for our family) but so much fun and very conveniently located in the city centre. Really aimed at older kids but our 6 year old enjoyed it and our toddler was fine. You need to book in advance as they are very popular. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attr......html

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 1:23 pm
Thank you raisin!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics