Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bad day!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 3:31 pm
Ughhhhh! anyone else had or is having a really bad day at work??? My supervisor screamed and let it out me for a small mistake I made today I feel so worthless and low!!
Does anyone feel unappreciated and unneeded at work?

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 4:16 pm
I do

Fox

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 4:52 pm
Yes, frequently. Except that my boss is my husband, so I can't go home and complain about that so-and-so at work!

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 4:56 pm
Everyone does sometimes.

Try to disconnect your sense of self as a person from your work performance. Regardless of whether or not your boss's criticism was justified, or to what extent it was justified if it was, your work performance has no bearing on you as a person. It does not make you worthless. Why should you feel that you are? Are you now any less intelligent, less personable, less capable, less creative, less good, less kind, less anything at all than you were before your boss yelled at you?

Unappreciated you may be, but again, that has no bearing on your value as a person or as an employee. Whether or not you are appreciated is a function of your boss's personality.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 10:47 pm
yes- me. I'm on the verge of quitting a job that a truly would like to keep but due to my boss's controlling behavior I simply cannot continue Sad

Kfar

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 1:03 am
I am also discouraged today from a variety of things at work, but need to persevere b/c we need the income. Ugghhhh is right
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics