Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bed bug treatment NY/NJ area, does heat treatment work?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 6:32 pm
I think we have bed bugs. We had them before and used an exterminator that sprayed everything and we washed and dried everything it was a massive pain. Now I think they're back and I can't go through this again (dh is in And refused to even consider that they're back). I'm looking for reccomendations of any companies that you've used that got rid of the bed bugs for good. I'd definitely prefer something that doesn't require an insane amount of effort on my end but the not important is that they'll really get rid of them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 6:37 pm
You have to specify where you live to get recommendations.

When my DH used to do building management and did bed bug treatments. He found heat to be the best. It was expensive but had the least prep. Had to throw out the least (when he didn't do heat the tenant had to throw out tons including the couch - with slashed cushions). He also had to rely on them to do tons of washing, drawing and throwing out. Heat just worked.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:07 pm
I live in Passaic but I assume a company that does this treatment would travel a bit. I would take reccomendations of companies anywhere in nj or Nyc area and I can call to check if they'll come to me.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 8:46 pm
Heat costs a lot more but the other treatments mean leaving a lot to the customer, IOW laypeople. Very nervewracking. Good luck!

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 10:38 am
amother wrote:
Heat costs a lot more but the other treatments mean leaving a lot to the customer, IOW laypeople. Very nervewracking. Good luck!

Do you know any Specific companies that do this that I can contact?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Do you know any Specific companies that do this that I can contact?

Sorry. No. I live OOT and all I know is because we thought we had it. B"H we didn't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics