Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando in August
Previous  1  2

animeme

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 10:55 am
Once you get your tickets, you can book up to three fast passes per day per person for rides and attractions (character meets) up to 30 days in advance. Do this as early as possible, because they book up fast.

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:05 am
There are books on how to optimize your experience at Disney. It's well worth the read. It gets you to the rides with long lines first and you get to do/see more.

Instead of getting expensive souvenirs at the Disney parks, hit amazing savings or other discount stores before your trip, bring the stuff and give it out at the parks. It "feels" like a souvenir at a fraction of the price.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 11:23 am
You don't need to order kosher food in advance anymore, (though you still can.) Each of the 4 parks has 1 counter service restaurant where you can get decent food for about 12 dollars a meal. There's a choice of 3 from chicken nuggets, hot dog, burger, Pastrami sandwich, pizza (only at aNima kingdom and awful)..each serred wit ma shed potato croquettes.
at magic kingdom the restaurant is Cosmic Ray's, at epcot it's at the American pavilion in world showcase.

I agree if you don't rent a car you should definitely stay at a disney hotel. In addition to great transportation to the parks, they will pick you up and return you to the airport for free.

Some of their hotels even have kosher food at the hotel food courts, with additional milchig options.

Art of animation is beautiful, but only sleeps 6 plus a baby. The cheapest option is 2 rooms at pop century or all star resorts.

If you are interested in staying at a disney hotel, you should call them a few times with questions and request a trip planning cd. It puts you on their radar and often they will contact you with special deals.
Oh, and totally agree, fast pass is your best friend. Read up on it, open a disney account online, register your tickets, and make appointments to ride 3 rides a day at times you choose with no wait.

Anon cuz I go to Disney a lot and all my friends know I'm the expert. Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 1:06 pm
Last amother, PLEASE pm me! It seems like you know a lot. Thanks!!!!!!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:07 pm
can you bring your own food into Disney?
would they give you free cup of water?

chayamiriam

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:32 pm
I was there in March and getting water was not a problem.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:38 pm
you can bring your own food. there's also kosher food for purchase in the park.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:46 pm
mazal555 wrote:
Just buy trip insurance. It is hurricane season. Otherwise, I don't find it worse than NYC in the summer.

I agree. They're both very hot and very humid. Sometimes the temperature in NYC is even higher then in Orlando.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 4:01 pm
I am also taking three kids, without my husband, in August. We will be driving down to my parents on August 2nd. We are road tripping down, and we will get there on Friday. We will be in Miami for a week, and then we will leave the following sunday. My plan is to leave Sunday morning and head to Orlando. Then we will either spend a day or two in Disney. My kids are 8,6, and 3....
I agree with everyone else, if you're going more than 1 day, definitely get passed. Also go in the morning and then again later in the day....it's hard to be there, walking around with hot miserable kids.
Maybe we will be there at the same time and we can hang out :-)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics