Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Have you ever...

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 8:55 am
forgotten to put underwear on your daughter?

mfb

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:17 am
I nearly did one day but she jumped and her skirt went up and one of my kids saw. (That was about 15 min. Before her bus came)

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:20 am
Sounds like you were having a really bad morning!

mfb

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:23 am
No I wasn't but she wears a pull-up, and I dressed her with everything, and then told her to take off the pull-up and put on underwear. I then forgot to check if she followed directions. She had followed the first step, but not the second.
(This was something she did a lot of mornings, and until then it wasn't an issue!)

sky

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:26 am
One of my daughters realized she was wearing her pull-up as the bus was coming down the road. She quickly changed inside the door and the bus waited.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:41 am
yes

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 10:10 am
My 4 year old dresses herself every morning. I leave her underwear and clothes out for her but I never check afterwards that she is wearing everything. Well, one winter day, she came home and told me that she forgot to put on her underwear when she got dressed. I was like, "Well, it's good that it's the winter so you're wearing tights." Then she told me that everyone took off their shoes and socks and they painted with their feet. Her dress was really short that day. Ouch!

kb

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 10:38 am
anonymrs wrote:
My 4 year old dresses herself every morning. I leave her underwear and clothes out for her but I never check afterwards that she is wearing everything. Well, one winter day, she came home and told me that she forgot to put on her underwear when she got dressed. I was like, "Well, it's good that it's the winter so you're wearing tights." Then she told me that everyone took off their shoes and socks and they painted with their feet. Her dress was really short that day. Ouch!

I guess it didn't bother the teacher too much. (Based on my assumption that the 4 year old has a chance of clothing in school, and the teacher could have given her her spare underwear if she had wanted to.)

seeker

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 12:30 pm
Haha I don't know but that is totally something that could happen here. I allow my kids a lot of independence with dressing themselves and both me and one of my children are scatterbrained enough to just forget that.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 12:36 pm
In my house it would happen on purpose. My 4.5 year old doesnt understand why we have to wear underwear to school. We have some fun conversations getting dressed in the morning. It might be a boy thing.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 12:43 pm
mha3484 wrote:
In my house it would happen on purpose. My 4.5 year old doesnt understand why we have to wear underwear to school. We have some fun conversations getting dressed in the morning. It might be a boy thing.

When I was a kid, we went to a swim club, not a camp, during the summer. At the end of the day, our mothers would send us into the locker room to get dressed. I remember one girl, H, would frequently forget to put on her panties, then say, "well, I don't understand why we need them, anyway." So its not just a boy thing.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 5:17 pm
kb wrote:
I guess it didn't bother the teacher too much. (Based on my assumption that the 4 year old has a chance of clothing in school, and the teacher could have given her her spare underwear if she had wanted to.)

Her teacher is very easygoing. I spoke to her afterward and she said that she didn't want my daughter to feel bad. She offered it to her but she was embarrassed and didn't want it. Whatever. I make believe it didn't happen lol. (To be fair it was about 2 weeks after I had a baby Smile )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers