Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher in Orlando -- Resources and Restaurants
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 4:55 pm
Mom23gs wrote:
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Westgate Palace, across from Chabad, and how it was. Alternatively, is there any other / better place to stay in walking distance to a Minyan? We are planning to be there in August.

Thanks!

It's extremely hot in August, just my two cents. Can you pull the kids out of school for a week and go in November (excluding thanksgiving weekend)? The lines are shorter and the weather is better.

Mom23gs

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
It's extremely hot in August, just my two cents. Can you pull the kids out of school for a week and go in November (excluding thanksgiving weekend)? The lines are shorter and the weather is better.

OP..no, unfortunately not. My husband can only really take time from his practice during the summer. My kids are older, in middle and high school, and november is actually a busy time for them. They are used to traveling places in the heat, it doesn't bother them.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 8:54 pm
Bumping this up in case anyone has any updated information. Thanks in advance!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 9:25 am
is there any place to get pas yisroel bread and challah?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 10:47 am
Yes. The Winn-Dixie on apopka vineland (right outside of the disney gates) has pas yisroel wraps, challash, and rolls. They will have everything you need for your trip.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:48 am
thanks!

Rochel4

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 11:46 am
Thank you for the list!!
Can you please advise kosher accommodations?
Anyone have any experiences??
Thanks !!
Have a great vacation!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:04 pm
If you stay in a house from innhouse, you can easily kasher the double sink. The houses are very comfortable accomodations, though the one we stayed in was a bit far from the closest minyan, about a 20 minute drive.

faigie

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 7:11 pm
would win dixe deliver if you order over the phone?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 7:33 pm
Quote:
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Westgate Palace, across from Chabad, and how it was. Alternatively, is there any other / better place to stay in walking distance to a Minyan? We are planning to be there in August.

Thanks!

I stayed in the Westgate Palace 5 summers ago and it was a very nice place.
we were also there in August

UQT

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:16 pm
Anyone there recently and had food delivered to magic kingdom - that park seems the hardest with having to get there by boat.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:20 pm
UQT wrote:
Anyone there recently and had food delivered to magic kingdom - that park seems the hardest with having to get there by boat.

Chabads website lists places you can buy in Disney without ordering in advance. I did it in Epcot. Prepackaged airline meal food, not too great but not too bad.

UQT

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:23 pm
I did it once and it was pretty bad and quite expensive. Wondering if anyone delivers. I emailed the stores in the area. If they answer me, I'll post it here.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 8:39 am
Gittysgourmet.com delivers and food is fresh and tasty.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:23 pm
Fresh bagels for sale in Orlando fl for winter break! Daily minyan at Orlando Torah Center. 645 shacharis. 535 Mincha and maariv. Address 8591 banyan blvd. fresh pas Yisroel bagels $2 plain, $3 with Cholov stam cream cheese or butter. Available every morning after shacharis through February 1. First come first serve. For more information contact office@joinorlando.org. Proceeds support JOIN Orlando, a local Kiruv initiative. 10 minutes from universal and Seaworld, 20 from disney world.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 5:53 pm
my husband is in florida with family now and has an emergency situation. What kind of hechsher is RCF? Is it reliable? His mother just bought hundreds of dollars of take out ready made food with a reform rabbi hechsher!! he is alone there with the kids and is freaking out. I sent him links from this thread. thank you so so much!!

adina2

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:23 pm
get the koshernearme app it helped me

Grandmama

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 9:27 pm
I shlepped frozen chalav Yisrael milk because I wasnt sure I would find any. But winn Dixie did have one bottle. Which I would not rely on...they did have some other things like cheeses. But the kosher grill restaurant was fabulous delicious Israeli food and reasonable prices. Service with a smile! Check them out!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 27 2015, 9:45 am
Has anyone stayed in the Drury Hotel or Westgate Palace recently (they are the ones that have a discount through Chabad). Any recommendations for either? Also, does either one have free breakfast (cold cereal, oatmeal packets, etc)? Has anyone stayed in other family friendly hotels near Chabad (suites with 2 rooms, the bedroom with 2 beds instead of one king, breakfast, etc). Thanks!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:59 pm
This is an amazing resource that someone really nice posted, from about 1.5 years ago. I'm wondering if there are people who can update?

I'm especially wondering about Glatt Kosher and Cholov Yisroel restaurants and/or groceries.
And also if Kosher food is still an option in the theme parks.

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics