Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to lakewood from BP

Yiddes

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 12:30 am
Hi
Me and my husband are considering moving to lakewood. We are chassidish and would like to live in a chassidish area too, since he has to walk to shul and my daughter will soon start school.
How is it like to live there, can you get to any stores for shopping without driving?
Also does anybody know if theres any big but not so expensive houses developments?
Any of those houses that you rent with option to buy later on? Very Happy Question Question

sky

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 12:10 pm
There are others on imamother who have done this and can probably help you better.

The schools aren't necessarily near were people live so even if you live in a chassidish neighborhood there will still be transportation to school.

Probably your best bet to find a house is to get in touch with a realtor and see if he can advise you - there are some developments that are more chassidish leaning. I haven't really heard of rent to own options.

It is hard to live in Lakewood without driving. most houses are not walkable to all types of stores and doctors. The stores do take orders over the phone and deliver (grocery, butcher, product). A development like Westgate has stores within walking distance but it probably isn't the crowd that you are looking for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating