Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My 2.5 year old is becoming impossible-HELP!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 2:37 pm
my 2.5 year was always more difficult than my other kids. She was a colicky newborn, and then a kvetchy baby, which turned into a needy attached toddler.
While she is obviously adorable LOL , her meltdowns and outbursts over the dumbest things have gotten out of control. This morning it was because she was torturing her 4 year old sister, by grabbing her markers, so I calmly took the markers away from her...and she was screeching for 35 minutes, no joke.

she fights with me about everything. from food, clothing, walking vs. stroller, what we are doing then. and I give her 2 choices about everything. she is so fiercely independent, if the thought or idea didn't come into her mind first she will fight about it.

is this normal 2 year old behavior? I never experienced this with my other kids. I am starting to get nervous.
on the other hand, she speaks really really nicely, better than my other kids at this age, and only saves this behavior for me. my babysitter says shes a dream to watch.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:39 pm
Yes it's normal behavior that makes mom feel not normal😄.

I have some toddlers like that, and some are with a more pleasant nature! 😄😝

Can you send her to a daycare/babysitter for a few hours a day?

Btw I think we need to create a support group for moms with such natured children!

miami85

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:49 pm
Sounds very familiar. I've mentioned it on other threads, but my almost-3 y/o is very similar, but I've noticed that his behavior becomes very trying when his stomach is bothering him. He bothers his brother, says NO to EVERYTHING. Usually as soon as his stomach empties he is back to being his cute adorable self. You mentioned that she was a colicky baby, could be that she still has a sensitive stomach and that discomfort is making her crabby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics