Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Kineret challah baking directions

itsasmallworld

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 2:43 pm
Does anyone have the directions on hand? I bought the box for the first time and I by accident threw out the box after I placed it on a greased baking sheet.. I know to let it rise for 4-6 hours, but what temperature and for how long do I need to bake it? thanks!!!

penguin

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:39 pm
I found instructions on Wegman's site for the rolls:here
but you can adjust accordingly for larger challah.

Directions

Keep frozen. Place frozen Kineret Chall-Ettes on a lightly greased baking pan or cookie sheet. Leave approximately 2 inches between each Chall-Ette to allow for rising. Leave at room temperature 2-2 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown. For a shinier crust, brush lightly with beaten egg before baking. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds, if desired. Product must be kept frozen. This product has active yeast. If product defrosts prior to preparation, the yeast will become inactive and dough may not rise properly.

itsasmallworld

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:48 pm
Thanks so much penguin... Do you think it would be the same for the larger one?

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:18 pm
I don't know about the kineret specifically, but challah baking time is generally 40 minutes

penguin

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:25 pm
GIYF!

You can go by the color. Also, tap the bottom, it should sound hollow, I think... sometimes you need to turn it on its side (not CHV on it's top because then it deflates) so the bottom can brown a little or at least get a little dry when you remove from oven.

itsasmallworld

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:27 pm
looked on google without much success.. thanks so much for your help! have a great shabbos Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads