Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Age of babysitter

amother1223

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:55 pm
What is the minimum age I should allow a babysitter for my first child 8 months old? What's the going rate for pay?

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 5:13 pm
Age really depends on the maturity of the kid. I babysat starting at age 12 (which is not legal in very state now) but I was trained in adult/infant/baby first aid and pretty responsible. I still don't think I sat for any kids that youg until I was older.
I personally would not want someone very young babysitting a small baby.
As far as pay, it depends on where you live and age/ experience.

kb

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 5:25 pm
Also depends on experience - if she has younger siblings (what ages/how many) or not

Butterfly07

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 5:51 pm
It depends on you!
My parents had me babysitting my younger siblings from a very young age. (I happened to be mature for my age and responsible but I personally would not do that with my children imyH'.) I started bbsitting outside of my house at about 11yrs old. I babysat newborn's, toddlers, kids.... I also believe we were living in a different generation back then and with a 11yr old kid now a days -I dont think I would trust with my children. Price also varys with age and where you live Smile Ask around you area what the going rate is!

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 9:19 pm
The only baby sitters we had were grandparents and family. The age of a legal baby sitter does vary by state. I did have a hard and fast rule, no one watched the children unless their CPR certificate was up to date.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics