Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shevy Wig - Direct or through a Sheitel Macher?

incognito

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 2:29 pm
If I were to buy a Shevy, which is better? To go directly to their location or to buy one through a sheitel macher? And if not direct, any recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited by incognito on Sun, Sep 16 2018, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 2:31 pm
Only through a sheitel macher! You need someone who will service you. Shevi has terrible customer service if you have a problem with your wig.

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 6:25 pm
In the last thread about Shevys the OP was selling her Shevy she bought from her SM. She paid 25% more than I did for a shorter sheital. Mine was the same exact color and was top of the line. Perhaps her sheital wasnt their best line.

Too pay that kind of markup is insane. Shevy took very good care of me. I am happy with their service.

kb

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 7:58 pm
Not all shaitel machers have crazy markup. When I got married I paid less for the same line and length as someone who bought directly from shevy.

PassionFruit

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 4:33 pm
Go to a shaitle macher with a reputation of standing behind her work. Otherwise it will be your word against Big Powerful Shevy.

married2020

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:28 am
In my experience it's to best to buy through a shaitel macher u trust. This way if u have a problem u have someone backing you.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:50 am
Ditto about getting from a shaitel macher - I once asked my SM about it when I friend of mine told me that its wayyyy better to buy from Shevy direct cuz they service you bla bla bla... and her response was:

Of course I'll get better service from them, I bring them tens of thousands (or more probably) of dollars of business a year, you buy one shaitel from them, so they don't really care if you are happy cuz you only gave them 2 or 3k...

Of course, there are those that have very good experiences dealing with Shevy directly, and I won't undermine that. But I think its a good idea to go though a trustworthy shaitel macher.

someoneelse

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 7:15 am
I didn't have a relationship with a sheitelmacher from before so I ended up buying my sheitel directly from Shevy cuz she had more options of what to choose from. She pulled out three peices for me to try in the color and length that I needed, from both lines so I could compare quality. The shaitel macher that I tried before that had to order a peice from Shevy specifically for me so I tried on other shaitels that she happened to have around in order to figure out cap size, color and length. I felt more confident that the peice I was buying at Shevy directly would be really good quality. I'm very happy with my sheitel and had no reason to fight for my gaurantee rights.

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 8:28 am
someoneelse wrote:
I didn't have a relationship with a sheitelmacher from before so I ended up buying my sheitel directly from Shevy cuz she had more options of what to choose from. She pulled out three peices for me to try in the color and length that I needed, from both lines so I could compare quality. The shaitel macher that I tried before that had to order a peice from Shevy specifically for me so I tried on other shaitels that she happened to have around in order to figure out cap size, color and length. I felt more confident that the peice I was buying at Shevy directly would be really good quality. I'm very happy with my sheitel and had no reason to fight for my gaurantee rights.

Besides having the better selection, Shevy has amazing cutters. The woman who cuts my sheital is flown from Florida each week. She was hired from a non Jewish salon. She is the first person who knows how to cut hair since I started covering. I have been to many SM who don't have the training and years of experience cutting actual heads. I kept running from one to another hoping to find one who could cut my wigs right. I went to the highly recommended ones and was disappointed time and time again. They would chop my hair. It was uneven and unprofessional and neeed the SM touch to make it look pretty. I like a nice percise cut.

I watched my cutter training an Isreali cutter. The trainee was flown in for several weeks and practiced under the supervision of the lady cutting me. She was there about 2 hours and only cut part of a head. She was experienced before they hired her but they want her to give percise cuts. I was impressed by her training.

My sheital needs to be washed about every 6 to 8 weeks and stays gorgeous in between. I can also blow it out myself because the cut falls into place easily which is what happens with a percise haircut. I wash the bangs in between.

The first time I went to Shevy, I walked in there without an appointment. I also had the experience of trying on many sheitals in her 3 lines. I changed my mind about something and they took care of it weeks later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels