Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Babysitter issues

amother1223

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:03 pm
I had a 13 year old girl watch my baby while she was sleeping at night. I allowed her to bring a friend (I know both of them and their families). When I got home the girls friend had left and she turned my alarm on as I said she could. She was listening to headphones and didn't even hear me when I walked in and the alarm went off, there were crumbs all over my house chips remnants nuts etc things easy for my 8 month old Gd forbid to choke on. It's been two days and I am still finding unclosed items in my pantry They went into our office (which was closed) used sicssors markers etc so obviously they went snooping because the girl has never been in that room. I'm really annoyed a)she had her headphones on and didn't hear me walk thru the door so why would she hear the baby of the baby wanted her b)she took advantage of my kitchen and my food. I told her she could eat whatever she wanted but at least be neat about it? I don't understand why she would leave my kitchen and house so ransacked. I spoke with her and told her rules for my house. But should I call her mom? Give her a second chance? Just use her as a mothers helper as I was before and don't leave her alone with the baby? Help I'm desperate- no family and husband works all day and night

kb

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:10 pm
Did she do this, or was it her friend? What did she sayhappened? Did you give her a chance to explain?

nywife

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:19 pm
Your reaction is understandable. A 13 yr old is old enough to know to clean up after herself and not to snoop through someone else's property. I understand your dilemma but I would not hire her again.

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 4:27 pm
I would not use her again as a baby sitter. She does not sound mature enough. Some kids are ready and mature enough to handle things at that age, but I guess she is not.

I also have a 13 year old mothers helper but I would not feel comfortable leaving her alone for more than 15 minutes.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 3:13 pm
Why in the world would you trust a 13 year old?!?!? I wouldn't let a girl that age babysit my kids for an hour! Overnight I would probably only trust a responsible 18 year old. You cannot expect a child to be able to watch children well.

amother1223

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 11:14 pm
Kb does it really matter if it was her or her friend? And to explain? It's pretty obvious what happened from the evidence as my husband doesn't eat at home- it's just me and my 8 month old
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics