Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Please help me plan my WAHM career!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 12:28 am
Okay, so here's the story:

I have been babysitting from home for about 10 years adn am feeling very burned out. I am really ready for something else.

1) I have no qualifications in anything else
2) I want to be able to work from home at least for the next 7-8 years, I prefer to stay home with my kids while they are little and my childbearing years are hopefully not quite finished yet.
3) would consider something that can be transferred into the workplace when all my kids are in school
4) needs to be something that I can do part time from home

I wish I had some skills, eg sheitels, I would then set up my own salon at home and set my own hours. but I dont have any such skills.
I am willing to go to college part time for a year or two to gain skills or qualifications.

Any ideas? I am totally open to any ideas right now, what work at home jobs can you think of for me?
Thanks in advance...

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 1:22 am
Be a rep for synthetic sheitels?

Maybe an online wig seller such as Vogue Wigs website, and there are plenty of other such websites, would supply you with several samples of different styles and colors. You would get orders for them from women who otherwise don't shop on the internet at all, or not for wigs, or not for synthetic wigs. You would place the order and get a commission, using a code the website would give you, perhaps. I am making this up as I go along and don't know if this is possible.

The woman would have to pay a bit more for the wig. Meaning, the same wig would be available online, for less.

However, she would be willing to do that, because she would have been able to see, touch, and try on the wig (the identical sample) before buying it. She would be willing to pay for eliminating the guess-work.

She also might not have to know where you were getting them.

You would have to get her payment before ordering, to avoid losses from her changing her mind, and saying she didn't want it after all.

These websites sell a lot of wigs. But selling to a frum community might be new business for them.

It would be worth the bother to them if the market were large enough. You would have to know a lot of sheitel wearing women who would like this product.

You would need to teach care of such wigs, but that's easy.

They sell many, many styles and colors. You would rigorously confine yourself to only two or three appropriate styles and two or three appropriate colors for your community. Don't confuse people. The variety is dizzying; you would have to figure out what would be appropriate in the overwhelming variety. This takes discipline and a lot of patience. You would have to imagine a frum woman, not their flirty model, wearing the wig. That takes imagination. Keep your offerings very few and simple.

It is useful, when one likes a synthetic wig, to get at least three exactly the same. You might sell them that way. They can get discontinued.

Wigs don't take a lot of room to store.

You might actually do some frum women a favor.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 2:24 am
Are you interested in sales? There are sales jobs you can do over the phone from home. They don't pay a fortune but on the other hand are not too hard or stressful, so you get what you pay for I guess.

There are also network marketing companies where you can do sales based from home but have more of your own initiative involved. I know of a few personally (both through my own experiences and friends) and could help you figure out which are worth it and which aren't. A lot of these do not involve storing and managing your own inventory because orders are made online for the manufacturer to ship straight to the customers.

Sales and marketing skills can definitely be transferred to other work environments.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers