Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Are you allowed to swim on shiva asar b'tamuz?

boysrus

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 9:41 pm
Does anyone know if swimming is allowed? I am not fasting (nursing around the clock)...

DrMom

Post Sat, Jul 04 2015, 11:14 pm
I learned that (at least adults) do not go swimming on 17 Tammuz.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 12:51 am
Although it is permitted to swim during the three weeks, it seems to me to be the antithesis of the day to go swimming. I won't let my under bat mitzva daughter swim in our kiddie pool either. No ice pops either. It's a day for fasting and teshuva. Just doesn't seem to go together with swimming IMHO.

boysrus

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 12:58 am
Thank you both for the responses. Usually I wouldnt even have considered swimming, you are right it doesnt seem quite right. But right now I am swimming regularly totally for health reasons, not for fun at all, so jsut wondering if that is different. Okay, I guess I will swim a differnt day.

penguin

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 2:07 am
If it's for your health I believe you're allowed to swim in the 9 days too. But please AYLOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note