Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Broadband

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 5:12 am
I need to be in US for a month and would like to have internet connection. What's the best way to go about it?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 1:40 pm
Hmm... does nobody in the US use the internet? LOL

kb

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 2:26 pm
I think it depends on the state, unless you're talking about a wireless stick.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 3:52 pm
Not sure what your question is - Will you be bringing a laptop or other device that just needs a Wifi connection?

When traveling, many people rely on free wireless hot spots. There are Apps you can download that locate the nearest Wifi hotspot from where you are located.

Almost every hotel/motel offers a Wifi connection. Ironically the less expensive options generally offer free Wifi.

And if you are staying with people with Wifi, then you get their password to get onto their network.

I know in the US, you can use your provider to get wireless service in most countries. It's not cheap but it also includes phone, as I recall. If it's only for a month and none of the free alternatives above are feasible, it would be worth checking into.

If none of these work for you, there are plans that enable you to get on their internet. Generally they require some kind of hardware device and then you buy minutes or buy for certain time periods. For one month, they probably don't make sense.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:59 am
Thank you.

I will be in NY, hopefully staying in a rented apartment. A dongle (stick) is fine. Are there any cheap plans I should know about? Where can I purchase it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics