Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
NY:What are the BOE's policies for SEIT's if you homeschool?

Ashrei

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:47 pm
In NY, if you're homeschooling, what are the BOE's policies regarding SEITS or P4's, or other related services for that matter (OT etc)?

precious

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:51 pm
Not sure what you mean by policies. SEITs are allowed at home

Ashrei

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:02 pm
I'm confused because I thought the BOE is all about helping kids in the classroom and that's the job of the SEIT.

Also, many ppl get from 10-20 hours/week of SEIT - this person can just come to your house for that much time?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:33 pm
OP, have you found the answer to this question?

I am wondering regarding school-age kids (over 5 years old) that were approved for P3 and related services (OT, Speech).

Would these services be paid by the dept of education for children that are home-schooled?

SplitPea

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 3:58 pm
You need an IESP and not an IEP. We get one period a day of setts (Siet for older kids). It's harder to find a provider but possible. OT, PT, SPeech you will need to get an RSA waver and then try and find a provider. Many times you will have to go to a sensory gym for OT and PT.

You will also have to register as homeschool a year earlier (5 as opposed to 6) and fill out paperwork earlier. It's a pain but doable. Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling