Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
First Tisha Bav

fleetwood

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:47 pm
My twelve year old will be fasting her first 25 hour fast on Tisha bav. She only made it until two p.m.today. Any tips leading up to and including the fast. I am freaking out about her fasting for so long. Today she was too nauseous to continue. Thanks.

animeme

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 9:52 pm
Hydrate her well starting a couple days before. Have her do very little- my dd spends a lot of the day in bed watching shiurim on a laptop.

And then there's necessity. If you feel nauseous and you're not 12, you eat. If you are 12, you push a little farther, maybe take a nap. If it's still bad, you call the rav- hurray for Tisha B'Av vs. Yom Kippur. You can call him in advance for guidelines too.

Hatzlachah!

Last edited by animeme on Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kumphort

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 10:20 pm
I recently started drinking powerade before a fast. And find that it's a complete game changer for me in terms of fasting. Also keeping busy is better for me than resting and taking it easy!

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 12:54 pm
Thanks. Is Gatorade similar to powerade??

sky

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 1:07 pm
I think Gatorade and powerade are the same.

I drink a lot before a fast and water and I feel it makes a huge difference. I try to start 3 days before a fast. I also find eating brown rice before a fast keeps me feeling full longer.

black sheep

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 1:12 pm
eating grapes for a couple of days before a fast really helps. it is essentially carbo loading, the healthy way. I am a bad faster, but when I remember to have grapes for a few days before, sometimes I don't even feel the fast. also, if she is 12, and this year is a nidchah, watch how she is feeling she CAN break it if she needs to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note