Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Sweaters in 90-degree weather
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 6:41 am
fmt4 wrote:
Wait, why are they in school during the summer?

it gets hot in may and june too.

In my school we had school until the end of July. We actually had a summer uniform, but I think that was for elementary students only. Which was really quite hideous. It was a blue and white striped dress with a tie.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 7:14 am
I've seen many, many seminary girls here in Israel wearing a sweater over their uniform even in the hottest June or September days. I do notice that many wear a thin crew-neck neck instead of a heavier sweater. Anything but the fashion faux pas of a tucked in shirt Smile.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 7:34 am
myself wrote:
That's (some) teenagers for you! Super figure-conscious and still coming to terms with their new top heavy appearance. When you're starting to develop you think you're huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

In my days we wore thin sleeveless v-necks though, no long sleeve heavy sweaters.

Don't think that's it - they have no problem wearing tight tops.

I think it's just the button down shirt doesn't look that flattering on a lot of girls. I never heard of girls being required to wear the sweater - except once in a while for specific events, maybe.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:34 pm
mandr wrote:
Glad you asked! It's an amazing product and I've been using it on and off for years. I don't always use it because my sweat seems to be hormonally controlled and when pregnant and breastfeeding I really didn't need to use it. But for girls? Amazing. You use it every day in the beginning ot build up a concentration and then reduce it to "as needed" (usually ever second or third day, even once a week for some people). It doesn't have a scent so it's nice to use something else but it can be a deodorant (not antiperspirant). I never had to use an anti-perspirant while using Certain Dri (it's that effective). Honestly, I wish I knew about this in high school (I wouldn't have had to wear the school sweater lol).

http://irateireview.blogspot.c......html
Thought it was a great idea till I read "It stings and itches like crazy the first few usages." DD's sweating isn't that bad and I'd really hate to have her waking me up from discomfort. I'm going to pass for now till they fine tune the formula (or till DD decides that she wants it).

Thanks for telling me about it

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:35 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Thought it was a great idea till I read "It stings and itches like crazy the first few usages." DD's sweating isn't that bad and I'd really hate to have her waking me up from discomfort. I'm going to pass for now till they fine tune the formula (or till DD decides that she wants it).

Thanks for telling me about it

Google hyperhidrosis. There are a number of different products used to treat the condition.

FTR, no, I don't have it.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:39 pm
Barbara wrote:
Google hyperhidrosis. There are a number of different products used to treat the condition.

FTR, no, I don't have it.
Didn't google but I don't think DD actually has it. She sweats more than me so I'm always looking for a better product to make her smell better but she really doesn't have a condition.

Laiya

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 8:34 pm
Well, in a similar vein, in the dead of winter, the girls from the h.s. in my area can be seen trekking from the coffee shop during their lunch break, shivering while sipping ICED coffee because, apparently, "hot coffee is for old people". shock

Teenagers! Rolling Eyes

mandr

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:56 pm
For the record, the uniform shirt my school has is NOT at all see-through. One could wear a black bra underneath and have it remain invisible under the shirt.

Sanguine, it burns a lot only the first few nights, and personally, I felt that that was totally, totally worth it in comparison to embarrassingly sweating for years and years, staining tops you love, having to wear sweaters to hide wet marks, not being able to wear tops in colors that turn dark when wet, and on and on. And obviously, everyone will have different experiences. When I used it the first time, that was like 10 years ago. The formula has long since been revised (I think twice since then).

The high school sweater is NOT fashionable. That can't be the reason they wear it. Sorry!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children