Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
What kind of pet do you have? (in a right-wing community)
Previous  1  2

Do you own one of these small pets?
Bird  
 17%  [ 8 ]
Hamster  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Guinea Pig  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Gerbil  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mouse  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rat  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Snake  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fish  
 37%  [ 17 ]
Turtle  
 4%  [ 2 ]
Ferret  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rabbit  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other/More than one kind  
 26%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 45

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 2:33 am
Dh REALLY wants a pair of birds. Any suggestions? Colorful and friendly.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 4:08 pm
Iymnok wrote:

Maybe he'd like lovebirds. I had a peach-faced lovebird. They do well in pairs. They are colorful (peach face, green body, aqua blue rump, multi colored tail. Mine was quite friendly, he liked to perch on my shoulder and nibble my collar or ear and eat treats from my hand. (He was also smart, at first he was in a simple travel cage with a door that just lifted up and down and he figured out how to prop it up and escape. I then got a proper one with a latch lol.) I've heard that sometimes paired lovebirds will ignore human interaction because they dote on each other instead, but I'm not sure how true that is, you can look into it or ask around.

The thing to know about lovebirds (or any bird really) is that 1) they are LOUD. 2) They are messy eaters. You will find a ring of discarded seed shells around the cage every day.

chani8

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 1:31 am
Iymnok wrote:

Getting one young bird is the way to go. Unless you just want to look at them. Once you have a pair, they get difficult to hold, not impossible, but just more into doing bird things and less interested in people.

I love my "peach faced love birds". However, I also have "eye rings", which are love birds with white around the eyes, and they are noisy and not easy to tame.

One parakeet makes a great friend. Two together gets complicated.

We just got a cockatiel yesterday. He's really loud and funny.

I highly recommend you search high and low to find a tamed bird. That is, if your goal is to be able to hold it.

I like to mostly observe, not hold them, so I prefer having little colorful flocks. Except this time, with the cockatiel. I wanted a buddy. So Cheeky is sitting in his cage next to me as I type. Smile

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Jun 30 2015, 2:32 am
I'd get an infant parakeet (can you say that?) that was hand fed. Those are pretty, easy to tame and very friendly

mynameismom

Post Sun, Jul 05 2015, 11:41 pm
we have a small dog, a guinea pig and a frog

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 8:45 am
A frog Heart
I had them growing up, but we were no way right wing, and even our right wing is left wing compared to Israeli right wing :p

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 8:50 am
We have a guinea pig. I agreed in a moment of temporary insanity. Hay has overtaken DD's room. If you get one, be aware that they live a LOOONG time. It's been two years already and I've had it!

When I was a baby, my parents moved out of Brooklyn. They decided the fish would not survive the trip, so they explained to my three older siblings that the fish were going to live in a new home with friends who also had fish...

So, my mother took my siblings to accompany the fish and say goodbye. The fish were put into the friend's tank, and before the horrified eyes of my siblings (ages 6, 5, and 3) the host fish gobbled up our fish. My mother took 3 hysterically-crying kids home.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:37 am
Oh my Chayalle , that is horrible!
My kids and dh would love a pet but I'm very allergic. ( seems to get worse as I get older).
Just going into a pet shop makes me wheeze.

silbergirl

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 3:04 pm
I used to have fancy rats when I was single. Adorable little critters and very clean. Now I am struggling to feed hubby and me plus we are TTC so no pets at the moment.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets