Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Yeshiva/cheder that combines mainstream with challenging boy

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2015, 1:07 pm
Which elementary boys schools/cheders/yeshiva in the Brooklyn area would combine mainstream with challenging/adhd/defiant children in the same school and would work well with them?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:43 pm
that is tough,

from my experience, mainstream yeshivas are not equipped to deal with challenging/adhd/defiant children. they don't mean to do the wrong thing, but there are many boys in each class, staff is limited, etc... and don't necessary have the skills

have you looked into Yeshiva Ohr Dovid, it's a yeshiva specifically for boys with behavior or social disabilities,

class sizes are small, all staff are strained and certified, and they have the necessary training to help the type of child you describe

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 2:49 pm
I think there's a school in Manhattan that works well with children with ADHD. I can't remember the name. Maybe somebody here knows what I'm talking about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)