Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Secular books for sale, where can I get cash for them?

pumpkinsbubby

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:07 am
I have quite a few secular books, mostly diet and nutrition, clutter control and household hints. It is time to get rid of these, too many and no room Sad Where can I get cash for them? They are mostly in good to excellent condition. I don't want to just donate to a resale shop or library, because the cash would help me purchase other things I can use. Any suggestions?

gp2.0

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:35 am
eBay
Yard sale

srbmom

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:51 am
I find Amazon the best and easiest place to sell books.
If you'd like a store - you can try Half Price Books, but you wont' get as much for them

pumpkinsbubby

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:57 am
I'm new to amazon and ebay. Can you tell me a little about how to join either one of those groups. And I would rather sell to a store for a lower price, than to sell to private persons who might return it after. This way I can ship a bunch of books at once to one store, rather than run to the post office every day with one book someone is interested in.

srbmom

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:06 am
Do you have a Half Price Books by you?It's definitely the easiest route.
You can bring in the whole stack of books and they'll give a you a price for the whole bunch. You can decide if you want to take them or leave them.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 10:41 am
No, I checked. I live in Michigan. Any other suggestions?

Amarante

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 11:05 am
I think you just need to set up an amazon account to sell books so that they can credit your account with a sale. Selling through amazon is the easiest way to list.

I sold a LOT of books when I had to clean out my parents' home. You do need to do a search on amazon to see how much money the used book sells for. I didn't bother selling it if the book was under a certain amount because you have to figure in your time and effort. Amazon gives you a mailing allocation which works fine if the book is relatively small and you have cheap packing supplies. But if you are shipping heavier larger books, then it might not be enough so you want to be careful about the price of the book. I sold a few very large books but I sold them for a LOT of money - they were very desirable cookbooks so it was okay.

Don't bother with EBAY. It costs to list and selling books - unless they are rare or collectible in some way - isn't worth it. The nice thing about amazon is that it only takes a minute or so to list once you have figured it out and then the listing stays active for about a month. You pay nothing unless it is sold.

Since I only wanted to get rid of the books, I set my price as the lowest price and my books generally sold almost immediately.

mommy0

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 3:50 pm
try craigslist,
on amazon and ebay, you have to pay a percentage fee
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics