Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Chateau park/lakewood question

sourstix

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:33 am
can someone who knows lakewood explain the type of people there? is it chasidish / yeshivish/heimish? a mix of both? are there any yiddish speaking kids there? or are the kids english speaking but know yiddish from school? are the people simple? warm and inviting? what shul is there? who is the rav there? are there any sahm there? just trying to get the feeling of what type I can expect. thanks for any info

Bitachon101

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:45 am
Its chasidish, yeshivish and heimish.
They have a nusach ashkenaz shul with a yeshivish Rav (I believe Rabbi Yisroel Reisman) and a nusach sefard shul for the chasidish and heimish (there's a Rav Wozner as Ruv there).
Leisure Chateau is right next to it and has a minyan and there's a sign outside the development that there is a vasikin minyan somewhere inside.
There are both clientele of Yiddish speaking and English speaking and playgroups for both. (I sent my son to an amazing Morah there.) I find it an interesting mix of people but they seem to get along fine but what do I know. They all look nice and pretty typical lakewood though seem a bit less intense than the center of lakewood.
As far as warm and inviting I personally find it hard to break into any crowd in lkwd but they don't look like snobs for the most part. I find that I smile at ppl and say hello and most say hi back in these areas but they may not be the ones to reach out to you first. But again I could be so wrong.
No clue abt the sahm sitch, sorry.
Hope someone from the development could pipe in for more details.

They do have a great park for kids and near shopping. Hatzlacha!

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:42 am
I hear that Chateau Park is less snobby than most Lakewood developments. Plus, as soon as Evergreen opens up across the road, it's going to be walking distance to every need you could possibly have.
Look, making friends in a development is a little like going to a new bungalow colony. You just have to break in to the crowd. Once you do, they're pretty much like everyone else.
Personally, I think I'd like to live in a mixed chassidishe/yeshivishe crowd. That's how I grew up, and I think it's nice for kids to live with a variety of streams of yiddishkeit so they can appreciate all our differences and similarities.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 11:47 am
Mix of heimish/chassidish and yeshivish. Definitely considered one of the more chassidish areas of Lakewood along with Sterling Forest. I drive through there a lot and see women with turbans, men with lange rekels, kids with curly payes, etc. I imagine those types of families speak Yiddish. There are also more modern chassidish families who speak English at home but send to Yiddish-speaking schools. Then there are yeshivish families. There are lots of playgroups. The people that I know seem nice and friendly but they aren't the real chassidish ones so I have no idea about those. I see women home when I drive through around 10 AM, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are SAHMs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics