Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Calling Judaica Art Experts

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 8:29 am
I'm on a search for that perfect painting. We have the opportunity to buy now and our budget is up to $2,000.
Any artist or gallery recommendations? We've been art hunting in both Tzfat and Jerusalem.
I want something that shows joy and vibrancy in Judaism.

I love impressionist style and bold colors, and also slightly abstract images.
I like Ben Avram but I haven't found something I live in our price range. I also like Fleisheker and Rosenberg.

Has anyone heard of Gadi Dadon? I fell in love with his style but he does not seem to be featured in any established gallery. I want to buy an original and something whose value may rise considerably.
TIA!

OldYoung

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 10:34 am
Check out work by dalia kantor and Rebecca bergson- gorgeous!

Karnash

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 12:27 pm
Unless you are very savvy and have a lot of money, art should not be bought as an investment. Unknown artists rarely bring a return on the money you put in. Especially judaica - judaica may keep its value or go up with inflation or with the cost of the materials - if silver, gold or jewels - but only museum quality pieces will go up in value.

Buy something you love and want to have in your life. Buy art because it makes your heart sing. If it does go up in value, well, that's a nice unexpected bonus.

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 12:58 pm
Karnash wrote:
Unless you are very savvy and have a lot of money, art should not be bought as an investment. Unknown artists rarely bring a return on the money you put in. Especially judaica - judaica may keep its value or go up with inflation or with the cost of the materials - if silver, gold or jewels - but only museum quality pieces will go up in value.

Buy something you love and want to have in your life. Buy art because it makes your heart sing. If it does go up in value, well, that's a nice unexpected bonus.

I agree with this. The art you buy should speak to you and be something you'd get pleasure from looking at several times a day.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:31 am
OldYoung- thanks for the recommendation! Have you seen either of their works in any particular galleries?

Karnash and Maya, you're right. I am looking for something beautiful that will give me joy every time I see it on my wall. But I do feel like it's only worth it for me to spend on an original. I don't plan on buying to sell, but spending $500+ on a lithograph just doesn't seem worth it.

Has anyone seen Nathan Brudtsky available for purchase?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 9:35 am
By the way- why do you think Judaica does not rise in value? Have you seen Huvy's work? They go for up to around $80k. Kadishman died very recently and his little lambs have just risen by the thousands.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 10:40 am
I bought beautiful art from an artist's work room and gallery- his name Eli Ohayon. Across the street from Brisk yeshiva on Rechov Yeshayahu 3 in Yerushalayim. VERY reasonable prices. 052-2603286 or 02-5385184. (I have his business card right here!) I don't think you can find his stuff online.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 09 2015, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
I bought beautiful art from an artist's work room and gallery- his name Eli Ohayon. Across the street from Brisk yeshiva on Rechov Yeshayahu 3 in Yerushalayim. VERY reasonable prices. 052-2603286 or 02-5385184. (I have his business card right here!) I don't think you can find his stuff online.

Thanks!
Found a couple of his images on Rozen Gallery's page.

tsfaty

Post Mon, Oct 24 2016, 12:36 pm
Hi tia shana tova.
My name is noa dadon.im gadi dadons (the artist )wife.
We sell his works at a few platforms at web,not only at phisical galleries.now for holidays season most of them are at a very good price...
You can contact me at noadadon8@gmail.com for easier mailing..
Thank you very much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions