Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kosher sit-down in/near the West Village?

Sadie

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 3:35 pm
Does anyone know a decent sit-down restaurant in or near the West Village? We're going out tomorrow night with people who do not keep kosher and who appreciate good food and hip atmospheres, but we're not having a lot of luck finding places that aren't takeout or falafel.
Can anyone help? Can be outside of the W. Village but needs to be relatively close by.
Has anyone been to Sacred Chow? The food looks decent but I can't get a feeling for the atmosphere based on the website.
We're okay with a low level hashgacha, especially if the place is vegetarian or vegan.
Thanks in advance!

feigeleh

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 8:01 pm
New place called mocha burger (I know the name sounds weird).
Haven't eaten there but heard good things.
Hope it's not too late

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Jul 08 2015, 9:01 pm
There's Caravan of Dreams in the East Village. It's not so close, because it's all the way near 1st Ave. You'd have to call about the hashgacha, but it is a veggie type of place. They used to serve a small amount of fish, but I haven't been there in AGES (their website now says it's vegan).

http://caravanofdreams.net/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries