Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
High speed internet question

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 5:00 pm
Since I've been married my only source of internet has been my cellphone's mobile hotspot. It's worked really well for us since I had an unlimited data plan and for the most part it provided a certain level of mashgiach because it could only be used when I'm home or on the few occaisions when I would swap phones with my husband--I'm not really worried about him using the internet inappropriately, just I know its not encouraged by his yeshiva, but I need it for work. My young son also LOVES watching child-friendly youtube videos, and it's been a great monitor for him b/c it doesnt work when I'm not home and it forces him to do other things. However, as time progresses we've been using a LOT more data recently and I've been getting hints from my provider that they aren't thrilled with my data usage--considering that most people have to pay A LOT of $$$ for that amount of data, it also means that I can't upgrade my phone or I lose my unlimited data. On the one hand we do like having high speed internet, on the other hand we liked that its not always available. Secondly, since we don't have a phone line, we need a "internet only plan" and for some reason there aren't a lot of options in our area. What should we do?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 5:14 pm
Also we don't have or need a phone line.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics