Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I am sick of this

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 4:39 pm
I don't know why I'm writing this post, maybe it's a vent or maybe a cry for help. Or maybe for good solid advice.
I have kids close in age. They are getting a little older meaning I don't have a nursing baby or anything but they are demanding, high energy, some clingy, some temperamental, some with other high maintenance personalities. (They can also be sweet, happy, fun amazing kids but I feel like it's rare. )
As it is now I walk on eggshells around my husband and whenever he gets in a mood I end up having to deal with everything on my own. And pretend like nothing's up. He is working on getting help but in the meantime I'm ready to explode.
The second I dare try to sit down, clean up, cook, answer the phone, or do anything at all someone starts throwing a tantrum, throwing things, demanding things, making a mess, fighting, you name it. I've tried parenting books, time outs and nothing works.
I get a break sometimes but when I'm on I'm fully on and for hours straight. I don't get a second to breathe, go to the bathroom or feel human.
I'm sick and tired of this stress, high anxiety and **** up life. Sometimes I wish I were someone else.

Miri7

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 6:34 pm
Wow. It sounds like things are pretty tough. This is a really hard stage of parenting and it's super hard without help from your DH. Sending you chizuk. Hugs.

Optione

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 6:36 pm
That sounds really exhausting! I'm in a different type of situation, but once I got cleaning help- just a couple of hours a week, I felt 1,000 times better. Is minimal cleaning help an option for you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics