Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Sibling imitating behaviors

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 1:44 am
I have a DC with social and behavior issues and a DC who is only a toddler but so far normal. For the last few months younger DC totally worships older DC and wants to do everything older DC does. Repeats most of what older says, plays with the same things. At first this was OK but over the last 1-2 weeks younger DC is imitating also older DC's inappropriate behaviors.

I am very worried about younger DC's development with this kind of role model. I don't think there's anything I can do to stop the imitation at this stage, cuz their so young. There are no other healthy kids in the family for younger DC to learn from.

Help!

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:02 am
It's definitely an issue.

My DH still blames younger kids' behaviors on older kid's bad example, even though they have diagnoses of their own.

Good parenting classes can help you minimize problems with both in a fair way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)