Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to dye a wig

shirtsandskirts

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 10:53 pm
I understand that part of the process is putting conditioner on the scalp so it doesn't get dyed as well. Can someone clarify this, where exactly do I put the conditioner on top or bottom? If I put it on top then it sounds like roots of hair won't get colored

[spelling in title corrected.]

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:04 pm
Never put conditioner by the knots because it loosens them. I have dyed my sheitals darker without doing anything to the scalp and it was fine.

pause

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:09 pm
Shoot it in the head? Tongue Out

Earnest

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 1:52 am
Better to avoid saturating wig's 'scalp' with conditioner. The wig will start shedding. Each hair is hand-tied into the 'scalp' and the slippery conditioner unites the knot: = bald spots from shedding wig.

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 6:00 am
I thought this was how to die in a wig, not how to dye a wig. Or maybe how to murder a wig, which I'm sure many sheital machers have much experience of!

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 4:09 pm
Ok so I can't figure out how to change title, but in all seriousness what can I do to dye my wig and ensure that the scalp stays nice?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels