Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Simple salmon recipe

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:33 am
I'm making salmon for shabbos. dh doesn't want it drowned in mayo or sauce that covers the salmon taste. somehting simple, like lmn jc recipe or something else not complicated.
tia

Seraph

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:44 am
Put the salmon fillet in a frying pan with a cover (or something big and shallow), put in two or three inches of chicken soup mix with water. Add more if it looks like its drying out. My mom always made it like this and it was REALLY yummy.

Mommamia

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:54 am
put fresh lemon, lots of dill fresh is best if not put dried, some pepper and some fresh garlic if you like...

greenfire

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:58 am
I broil salmon with some soy sauce and garlic powder ... simple quick and delish ... hot or cold

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:59 am
Mommamia wrote:
put fresh lemon, lots of dill fresh is best if not put dried, some pepper and some fresh garlic if you like...

and like breslov said, fry it? for how long?

Seraph

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 3:55 am
MosheDovid'sMom wrote:
Mommamia wrote:

and like breslov said, fry it? for how long?

No, mine was poaching. But do it in a frying pan. For how long? Until it changes color.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 3:59 am
Honey and Soy Glazed Salmon

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 6-ounce salmon fillets

1. In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, mustard, and water.
2. In a small non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat and cook salmon 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer salmon to 2 plates.
3. Add honey glaze to skillet and simmer, stirring, 1 minute. Pour glaze over salmon.

Serves 2.

Honey Grilled or Baked Salmon

4 8 ounce salmon fillets, skinless

Honey Pepper Sauce:
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup pineapple juice
juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over. Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat. Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done. Or bake uncovered for about 15 minutes. Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side. Serves 4.

suomynona

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 4:00 am
Pour lemon juice over salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put sliced onions on top. Bake for about 45 min covered.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 7:58 am
I squeeze lots of lemon juice over the salmon and sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on top.

Bake at 350 till it flakes.

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:18 am
Spray under & on top with nonstick spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder & garlic powder. Lowfat & delicious & easy.

BennysMommy

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:22 am
brush it with some mayo and sprinkle it with lemon pepper spice. bake in oven. its so yum!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:24 am
I had a friend that told me to brush mayo on my salmon. It didn't seem to add any extra flavor, just added additional fat and calories.

(I bought a huge slab of salmon a couple weeks ago and made it my way, with just lemon juice and spices one night, and my friend's recipe, with mayo a few days later. I really didn't see any difference with the mayo).

BennysMommy

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:45 am
youre prob right. its just the way I was given the recipe:)) try just putting the lemon pepper spice. maybe wet the salmon first so the spices will stick better?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:49 am
I rinse my salmon, and the moisture from that seems to work just fine.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:53 am
The mayo doesn't necessarily allow the spices to stick better, it's to seal in moisture so the fish doesn't dry out during cooking.

I rub a little olive oil on top and then sprinkle cracked pepper on top.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 11:38 am
why not just broil it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics