Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bigger "toaster" oven?

Kugglegirl

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:12 pm
Has anyone found a bigger toaster oven that they like? I use mine for milchigs & like to cook milchig lasanya, casseroles etc.

I have an off-brand one that takes a 9 x 13. The rack is always falling if I make something heavy like a lassany.

Our family has also gotten bigger- 5 kids- and if I make pizza bagels or something like that, I can not make enough in one baking for everyone.

Wondering what larger toaster/counter ovens any of you-all have tried?

I asked DH & he said go ahead & get what ever I think we need. I started to look around & think something like this might be good. -- it has to fit on the counter- about 22-24" wide, about 20" deep with space in front of it, so this would fit.

http://www.waringpro.com/catal.....d=575

$500. would be OK if this is really worth it. I would not go over that, I think.

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:25 pm
Can't you get a full sized oven for $500? Why do you need a counter told one for that amount of money

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:26 am
You don't have to spend anywhere near that amount of money for a countertop oven of that size.

For example, this will fit 2 9x13s: http://amzn.to/1CAMJnS

sky

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:34 am
Stores like Buzz in NY often advertise toaster ovens that hold 2 9x13s. I'm not sure how it will bake evenly across the 2 shelves

goodmorning

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:37 am
HY, do you have that toaster oven? I have a similar one (different brand) that's dying and needs replacement. It is supposed to fit two pizzas but does not fit two 9x13 pans (fits one -- the sides need to be bent to cram it in -- but is not high enough for two).

Kugglegirl

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:56 am
ROFL wrote:
Can't you get a full sized oven for $500? Why do you need a counter told one for that amount of money

I could, but where would I put it?

Kugglegirl

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:00 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You don't have to spend anywhere near that amount of money for a countertop oven of that size.

For example, this will fit 2 9x13s: http://amzn.to/1CAMJnS

Have you tried one? Can you really fit 2 9 x13's or say 2 trays of something & have them bake evenly?

I find with mine, that supposedly holds a 9x13, yes I can get a 9x13 tin pan in, but I have to pinch & pull up the sides of the pan & it does not close all the way if I leave the tin pan edge down, so I have to push it up.

How does yours manage these size pans?

sky

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:14 am
I have a proctor silex (they don't make that size anymore) 1 shelf and it fits a 9x13 pan the long way just fine or a 12" pizza pie pan fits.
I wish I had 2 shelves, I don't know if it bakes evenly.
I would check out the interior dimensions and see if it makes sense for a 9x13 pan. A Jewish store may have the best recommendation as this is something that is a very common request.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:20 am
My sister has one, I have a much smaller toaster oven that needs a 9x13 crammed in or a Pyrex to fit in, and it suffices for our needs. And yes, my kids learn patience by waiting for pizza bagels. But I can ask her if she ever used it for 2 9x13s simultaneously. (She only has one baby)...When we were at her apartment a couple of weeks ago, we used 3 racks to fit thin pita pizzas in between.

goodmorning

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:22 am
You can fit a Pyrex 9x13 in your toaster? I once tried and it's too long for mine (I think because of the handles). And then I think I read somewhere that it's not safe to use Pyrex in toaster ovens because they're too close to the heat source and can smash.

I should start a spinoff, but I've been looking for a reusable (I.e. non-disposable) 9x13 pan that would fit in my toaster oven, and have yet to find one.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:27 am
What you want is a roaster toaster oven. Those are the largest.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:31 am
The Breville is an incredibly good toaster oven as it really serves as a second oven. It does require room on the counter because of its size and also the best one needs an outlet with sufficient power. If you have the room and are willing to spend tje money, that is the one to go with as it really is as good as a wall oven or oven in a range.

I didn't have room on my counter sadly so I had to make do with the smaller size.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:36 am
Reading the reviews on the link I posted says that that one is a drop smaller than the other Hamilton Beach's that look similar...so keep that in mind if you go that route.

My parents have a countertop oven for milchigs that definitely fits 2 9x13s easily, but it opens from the side, not top to bottom. I can't find it online, it may be too old.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:12 am
I had a large one made by delonghi years ago. I was very happy with it but I think it was pretty pricey and I have no idea if they even still make it.

suzyq

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:17 am
I have this Oster and it definitely fits one 9x13 without any squishing. We use it daily, it's really great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....8_s00

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 7:46 pm
Well, for the record, after discussing with my electrician the cost of wiring up the laundry room for an oven, & deciding it was over my budget, I searched some more & found this toaster:

Black & Decker 8-slice toaster $59.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-De.....2I428

It has been working great, fits a 9x13 w. room to spare, fits a full sized cup-cake pan (though I have not tried baking cup cakes in it yet.)

& lets me make enough pizza bagels at once to keep everyone eating while round 2 bakes up.

So, I'd say it's a win.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen