Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Asking... Once again... Lakewood dentist!!

zcc

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:45 pm
I see many posts with different names - so just to clarify - which dentist should I ise for my kids and which one for myself??
Went to diff dentists and had bad experiences by them!! So now im stuck.

Accepts jersey care is a big plus! But will pay if need to.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:48 pm
would love to help didnt try anyone here yet. I did here that chemed has decent ones.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:07 pm
We were happy with Dr. Neal Hammer. (He's 20-30 min away in or near Freehold.)

My DD had nursing bottle syndrome (all her teeth full of cavities except bottom four) although she never drank a bottle in her life.

First he was willing to try without several root canals though eventually I think she did need some.
BUT - in trying to be helpful & not spend all my insurance in one year he did some temporaries. Well, the insurance wouldn't pay for the same tooth the following year! They are tricky! (DD just had them refuse to pay for a tooth filled 3 or 4 years ago! As if fillings are supposed to last forever!)

mommyla

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:36 pm
I'm happy with Lakewood Family Dental for all of us, Dr. Kaplan for adults and Dr. Peikes for kids.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:36 pm
Dr. Seymour Semah in Brick for the kids, does not take Jersey Care though

zcc

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 7:52 pm
Thanks for the replies!
One thing im specifically concerned about is doing unnecessary work.
Any of you feel that your dentist is good with that area?

Potato Kugel

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:04 pm
since my kids teeth are BH ok, I don't know about unnecessary work. I use Dr. Bresler for my kids and he is quick and great with them. he also leaves the decision of whether to fill cavities or wait for the teeth to fall out (baby Teeth) to the parent (but I am guessing you mean more expensive things in your question)
Also, he accepts UHP which is great for those of us that don't have dental or jerseycare

treetop12

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:57 pm
I highly recommend Dr Todres. He used to work at Chemed, but opened up his own practice a couple of years ago. He is very honest, is very caring and does a great job. He's good with kids. Dr Todres doesn't take Jersey Care.
I see that someone recommended Dr Semah, just one word of caution: Their billing practices are terrible.

zcc

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 9:38 pm
Thanks again everyone!!
I really appreciate all these replies!!!

Is there a reason why no one is writing Dr. Winoker?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 6:55 am
What do you mean by Dr. Semah's billing practices. I just switched to him and you are scaring me.

kollel wife

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 7:09 am
I use Chemed and am very happy and they take NJ Family Care. Sunday hours are great for me too. I don't know if they take new patients unless you're a Chemed patient already.
Regarding unnecessary work, you'd maybe want to speak to Dr. Tricarico (the dental director) because when you can see many different dentists it gets confusing.

Dr. Winokur I've used on occasion. The few times I went we had to wait hours in the waiting room, even though we had a regular scheduled appointment. My child was tired, hungry etc. Try to find out if other share this experience.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 7:17 am
I'll throw another name out.

I am so happy with Dr Wasserman and Polinsky. They are fantastic with the kids and adults. Very patient and understanding at first appointments. The dental hygienists are super thorough, take pride in their work, and love their patients.
I really don't think they do extra work - both doctors.
Dr Polinsky did an emergency root canal for me once on a Sunday afternoon. He did an excellent job, pretty pain free.
My kids like going. They have videos for when doing fillings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics