Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean bathtub and shower

kollel wife

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:58 am
I have an older bathroom where mold builds up on the grout between the tiles and on the shower door edges. There's also light green - not mold, but some sort of buildup.
It is so time consuming to clean the grout - any quicker ideas?

Ceiling - hopeless - too tiring to try to clean mold. We did recently install ceiling fans which helps somewhat.

Any tips?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:08 am
Spray bleach directly on it and let it sit for a while. It should wash right off. (Make sure the area is ventilated and wear gloves and clothes you don't mind ruining.)
If it doesn't work the first time, wash it off with hot water and spray a second time.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:12 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Spray bleach directly on it and let it sit for a while. It should wash right off. (Make sure the area is ventilated and wear gloves and clothes you don't mind ruining.)
If it doesn't work the first time, wash it off with hot water and spray a second time.

This. Really works. Put the bleach in a spray bottle and do this when there are no kids around. Leave the bleach to sit for a few hours before scrubbing.
As for the ceiling, you may need to replace the sheet rock. Costs a few hundred. Only worthwhile if you address the reason it's getting moldy in the first place (you might need to fix your exhaust fan, or install one if there isn't already. There are do it yourself light fixture / exhaust fan options.)

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:49 pm
my mom used to deal with the ceiling mold by mopping the ceiling with bleach. it doesn't take long. if you don't have tiled ceiling, you may want to consider getting that ceiling replaced, but until then, mop it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry