Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Phones in the US

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 2:09 pm
Anon because details might identify me, sorry if unnecessary Smile

We are moving to the US soon. DH has had business trips there; me, only a couple of visits as a child.

I'm looking for info about how most people (with family, comfortable but not wealthy) handle phones. Here many people no longer have land lines and often children have phones with basic plans. I'm wondering if that's normal in America. Google has given me info on how much landlines cost, what different carriers offer, but not what's *normal*, you know?

If we get cell phones/smartphones for the two parents and the two oldest kids, will that be seen as bizarre/spoiling the kids? If we don't get them for younger kids, will that seem weird? Is it safe not to have a landline, I mean is cell service reliable enough that you have access to it, and people can access you, in an emergency, or is it still better to have a landline for security?

TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating