Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO sanitary salon for brazilian wax Brooklyn

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:04 pm
I'm embarrassed to admit that for the last 6 years I've been using a salon in Bp for brazilian waxing and it only recently dawned on me that it is super unsanitary.

I wasn't really aware of what the protocol is for sanitary waxing. I recently read up in this online and was horrified at how dirty and unsanitary this place is.

For one, they never use a new stick for waxing. It's the same one for all clients. The waxing bucket is filthy with dried wax and other icky stuff. Tweezers are just taken from a bucket and put right back. The lady that does the waxing never wears gloves or washes her hands. Not before and not after.

I haven't had guts to ask anything or demand anything because the lady is so nice and sweet I feel uncomfortable challenging her. She's been doing this for many many years. (Not a heimish lady in case you were wondering. I think maybe Russian.)

Also, she charges only $25 which from what I hear that's really cheap.

So my question is, does anyone know of a place in or near Boro Park (don't want to travel too far) that does an excellent brazilian, is sanitary and won't break the bank?

Any info will be appreciated.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 2:03 pm
Bump

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 8:33 pm
Anyone please?

:)

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:03 pm
Ben simon on Avenue P

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:08 pm
In general, the higher end the salon, the more hygienic and clean it's going to be. And the opposite is true. I don't think you can expect to get a cheap waxing that lives up to your hygienic expectations.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:17 pm
try bunny martel on avenue M. a little pricey but clean.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:28 pm
Thanks for the replies. Can anyone give me an idea of what a little pricey means? $50? $80

Maya

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:39 pm
I pay $70 at a pretty upscale place.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:58 pm
Thanks Maya
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics