Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
$2-3 kids clothes
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

runninglate

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 8:53 am
cfriedman2 wrote:
I hate children's place also but I do well at gap with coupons. $5 tees for my daughter and $8 gorgeous shabbos dresses
How do you get Gap dresses for eight dollars? They're usually about 40 dollars original price, so even when theres 40 percent off, it's more than that. ...

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 9:50 am
runninglate wrote:
How do you get Gap dresses for eight dollars? They're usually about 40 dollars original price, so even when theres 40 percent off, it's more than that. ...

Look at the sale racks when they're having 40-50% off. Bought before pessaxh for that price and yesterday they were having 50% off all sale in store they had a bunch for under $10 but I didn't need any

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 9:58 am
Most of dds clothes come from Graham avenue/Broadway in Williamsburg (brookly). For summer I got two 2pc tee and shorts sets at Benetton in Flatbush for $5 and cents each set (got for both kids) And some more shorts and leggings for $2-3 and both. I got a $7 dress at Macy's on sale last season for dd1 for this coming winter season. As someone said earlier, the trick is to buy after the season for the next year. I bought more outfits than I needed but w buying in advance its always a gamble. I did end up with two thing being too small and had to put it away but it was worth it.

For dd1, her first wardrobe including bibs and blankets and onsies was around $200. I did ger a knit elegant outfit, fabric diapers and some onsies and extra blanks (are they ever extra?) As a gift from my mom and mil.
Now dd2 is wearing that same stud. Some are still in brand new condition.
Hair accessories, same thing - Broadway for 2 for $1 or 4 for $1. They lately doubled the prices but still cheap. In local Jewish boutiques it's $8-$20.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:28 pm
Only have one baby so far but you guys are making me feel like we overspend on baby clothes! We try not to spend more than 10$ on a sleeper or 2 piece outfit (mostly carters) and thought that was a good price. The nicer outfits usually cost a little more though. Are the sale links provided for babies under a year old?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Apr 20 2016, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 12:38 pm
childrens place has 40% off of clearance and with a coupon you can get things for 1.50 etc. I buy when there is free shipping. also now is the time to buy backpacks and uniforms they run out by September and they go back to full price. they also have great sales in stores

imaima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:09 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
Because thats when I can enjoy it. Im in the country with my kids or we go on trips. I am with them all day. When their in school I dont even see them. I'll admit, I am a slave to my laundry all summer making sure I get out all the stains.

I stocked up on european brands now on sale that go for the price of h&m new collection.
I find it makes more sense to invest in brands when the kids are older. they don't stain them as much and you can hand them down better.

imaima

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:24 pm
if you bought in advance and ended up with too many outfits, you can gift them! I sometimes give new girls clothes when my dd is invited instead of spending money on a toy.

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 1:48 pm
imaima wrote:
if you bought in advance and ended up with too many outfits, you can gift them! I sometimes give new girls clothes when my dd is invited instead of spending money on a toy.

I pass them on to people that can use them I love shopping and getting a good deal

Another mom

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 7:38 pm
I find that The Children's Place clearence is not so nice..not much variety. But I really like their stuff! And if you live in israel like me then not everyone's wearing thesame thing! BTW, they opened branches here Smile But not as cheap... at least you don't have to find someone to bring the pkg!

shirachadasha

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 7:53 pm
I have a separate email account where I subscribe to Carter's, Target, Walmart, Kohl's.
So when I'm ready to shop, I see who is having a sale that week.

gande

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 8:44 pm
You have to shop at the right time. Today gap has40 off the sale stuff. Tomorrow it might be double the price....

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 11:58 pm
imaima wrote:

My baby is same gender as my first kid. Both girlies. So I put then away for 2 years from now.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 1:33 pm
Bumping this thread up for summer clothes please

lfab

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:14 pm
Check out Children's Place website. They have a bunch of stuff on clearance and everything is 50% off when you use the code SPRINGTIME50. Just order fast because a lot of stuff is already sold out. If you know what you'll need you can also order ahead for next winter. I saw some cute toddler boy's sweaters for only $2 after the code.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:28 pm
so far, every single thing I saw under toddler boys is completely sold out.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:44 pm
I hopefully got size 5 pants for 2.50 seriously check every day and grab it if you see or need it. I got 40% off of everything in oldnavy no exclusions! the day before nothing on sale

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
so far, every single thing I saw under toddler boys is completely sold out.

With Children's Place sales, you need to shop really quickly. I got a ton of stuff when the sale first started for $50, ranging from 25 cents to $4.29.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:52 pm
know your to buy right now price for each store. also around what holidays are coming up. 50% off of regular 10$ a shirt maybe. but I know that it can get cheaper. but 1$ shirts and 2$ strechies are buy now. also you tend to luck out better in the 6-9 month sizes. the other ones sell out faster.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:57 pm
The last few times I got sweaters from children's place they stretched out all over (sleeves, length of sweater etc) I was so disappointed.
Last year I got great cotton girls stuff on h&m.com for 4 dollars apiece. Washed well, still looks great.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 3:26 pm
I just got a grey sweater today, snug fit from the Shuk.

5 sheckels (about $1)
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics