Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help me get rid of centerpedes!!!!

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 12:45 am
HELP!!! I just saw a centerpede in my bathroom off my bedroom. Any ideas how to get rid of them ? In my old apartment the exterminated barely helped. We recently moved to a new place so wasn't really wanting this to come with us please help!!!! Ty What

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 8:56 am
bump! Please! Ty! Help

alef12

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:43 am
I think you must mean centipede.

Step on it.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. I don't know where you live but where I do, bugs do sometimes come into the house, especially in the summer. Unless it's a big infestation (in which case you might need an exterminator) then just squash it and throw it out, or flush it down the toilet.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:52 am
I have been told by exterminators that is almost impossible to get rid of centipedes. Of course you can kill them, but they live some place deep within the building. Construction tends to bring them out into the open more. I lived in a home for 35 years and we never were able to get rid of them.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:04 am
YOU crack me up!!!
It reminds me of the time we moved back into our BRAND NEW home that was rebuilt after a tremendous house fire- within 2 days of moving back in I discovered a spider... AND like the big dork I am asked my husband HOW we could possibly have a spider in a brand new home.

So silly of me.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:07 am
If you have other bugs in your home, the centipedes will eat them. Centipedes are harmless even though they are gross. At the end of the day, I rather the centipedes hunt down the roaches!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:12 am
If you mean the giant alien looking brown creatures with a bazillion legs, they live in the walls. They're called house centipedes for a reason. They come out sometimes looking for water so they're often found in bathrooms or sinks but I've seen them occasionally just along a wall.

They always freak me out! They're so big and weird looking. That being said, house centipedes are good to have around for several reasons 1) they eat all other bugs. 2) if they are around, you can be pretty sure you don't have mice, because the mice would eat them 3) they don't hurt people or damage your property or get into your food 4) they can be easily caught and killed in various ways. Vacuum, sweep, grab with tissue, flush down toilet or sink, stamp underfoot.

The baby ones bother me less. I have encountered several easily 5 inches long including tentacles.

becky2345

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:07 am
they are absolutely gross and scary how they just zoom out from nowhere! Exploding anger I totally understand you! Here's what I gained form my research... they thrive on moisture- so try to not leave any water around-in bath toys, wet towels on the floor... they sell a spray in loews and home depot that you spray around the perimeter of your house/apt-inside and outside. it really works. I do it every few months and really makes a difference. I believe the company is HotShot. Good luck!!!

6pack

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 11:53 am
Our exterminator told us that every month we should put 1 cup of bleach down each drain and let it sit for an hour. Then follow that with hot water. This clears out the bugs that come in thru the drains. When I do it once a month, I have a dramatic decrease in bugs. And- that's saying a lot as I live in South Florida 😉

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 12:00 pm
Op here thanks everyone for support and advice! Still scared they should nt come in my bed At wits end
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry