Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Swamped and Fustrated at Work (Vent)

peanutsmom

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 9:19 am
I'm an office manager in a smallish company-(small in compared to the big huge companies-but not teeny at all). I used to work from 9-5 (with an hr lunch) and do everything-as that got way too much for 1 person-and now I only work 9-4 (no lunch)-they hired another girl from 2-5. I gave over a lot of work-which she does really well. Big parts of my work I didn't' give to her as I felt it was too complicated etc. One such type is the bookkeeping of the company-which I wouldn't give her anyway-b/c I need it to be done exact-so I have to do it. Also dealing with specific ppl I take care of-b/c they are more picky and I didn't think they would handle s/o else doing their work.
Right now I'm really swamped-as we need to have our taxes done ASAP (even though we filed an extension-we need our financials from 2014 right away)-which means I need a lot of time to work together with the accountant to get it done. Also there is TONS of other work to do also. I could try to give it to the other girl-but not necessarily easier-as I need to help her do e/t she doesn't know how to.
I wanted to come in last night to finish up the accountant requests but that didn't end up happening-as I was needed at home.
I'm just soooo swamped-and under so much pressure to get everything done.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:16 am
Ugh. I've been there!! When I am super swamped I will work it out to stay late one night and work until 9 or 10. It lets me get a lot done. Are you able to do that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics