Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
KEMACH YASHAN

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:21 pm
WHAT IS KEMACH YASHAN? WLD LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:39 pm
What, specifically, do you want to know? http://www.yoshonnetwork.org/whatisyoshon.htm

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:48 pm
so we should always check for kemach yashan on baked stuff?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 1:56 pm
If you are makpid on not eating chodosh, then yes, or know the codes...

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 2:00 pm
how does it work in america and in israel?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 3:11 pm
Israel is a deoraisa. Anything with a good hashgacha there is fine. (I know I can buy Badatz Eida Chareidis stuff here in America for that reason).

In America, there are different opinions. The majority of Ashkenazim are not makpid, it seems. Sefardim may be more stringent. Those who are makpid vary in reasoning. Some hold it as a chumra, some l'halacha. I know people who hold it as a chumra and only are makpid at home, but not outside the house...

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 3:20 pm
Bet shavuos and succos no problem of yashan. After succos till shavuos have to worry abt it. (shavuos - korban haomer to be able to eat the new wheat)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 6:01 pm
The second day of Pesach is when we bring the Omer, hence sefiras ha'omer. After Pesach, all food can be considered "yoshon" until mid-late summer, when products made from the new grain start hitting the stores, at least in America.

working hard

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 6:51 pm
amother wrote:
Bet shavuos and succos no problem of yashan. After succos till shavuos have to worry abt it. (shavuos - korban haomer to be able to eat the new wheat)
Yoshon starts becoming a problem as early as the end of July!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen