Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
WDYD - When you see things that concern you

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 12:15 am
I am a service provider who goes into different schools to work with kids. Sometimes I see things that are disturbing - anything from kids left unsupervised in an unsafe situation, to teachers acting unprofessionally (texting a LOT when they should be paying attention to kids) or unkindly (to some kids, seems terrorizing).

I'm never sure whether to say something or who to say it to. I always feel like my relationships in the school are delicate, while they should theoretically be happy that I'm helping their kids I always feel like an invader. Should I say something to the agency that sends me there? I don't want to be a complainer there either. It's a competitive job market these days, I don't want to be a troublemaker, I don't have a longstanding reputation with either the agency or the school, I'm new to both and want to build a positive relationship.

On the other hand it is so not OK for little kids to be unsupervised. The teachers saying things to kids that make me cringe is very uncomfortable but I could bring myself to overlook it, some things are none of my business, but poor/lacking supervision is serious.

WWYD?

Delores

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 3:20 am
report it anonymously to the principal.

little_mage

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 6:30 am
If you're with an agency, this can't be the first time that they've dealt with this sort of issue. Why don't you ask your supervisor/someone who has been there longer what they think you should do? You can keep it really general and even hypothetical.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 9:05 am
You are a mandated reporter, you are required to report things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics