Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dishwashing liquid substitute

sped

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 12:00 am
I am out of dish washing liquid because I forgot that dd poured out 1/2 bottle or so in one her explorations of how the world works, or something like that. I can't go buy any now. What can I use instead that I may have? Shampoo? Floor cleaner? All- purpose cleaner? Window cleaner?
Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 2:28 pm
sped wrote:
I am out of dish washing liquid because I forgot that dd poured out 1/2 bottle or so in one her explorations of how the world works, or something like that. I can't go buy any now. What can I use instead that I may have? Shampoo? Floor cleaner? All- purpose cleaner? Window cleaner?
Thanks!

I guess you can use liquid laundry detergent or shampoo.

http://community.stretcher.com......aspx

If dishes aren't really caked in, I would use kosher salt, lemon and lots of scrubbing.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 2:38 pm
You can use any of the products you mentioned. Shampoo and dishwashing liquid are very similar, except that shampoo may have some added ingredients to make it kinder to hair. Or not. Consumer Reports did a blind testing of several different brands of shampoo to see if people would really think the more expensive brands work better. They and slipped a couple of bottles of dishwashing liquid in the group. Some testers liked the dishwashing liquid best of all. AYLOR about kashrut implications.

sped

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 2:43 pm
B"H, I got some dish soap by now, but thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen