Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Alternative to affresh?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 7:19 am
Besides bleach?

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 7:58 am
Why don't you want to use Affresh? My washer instructions suggested it.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:04 am
PAMOM wrote:
Why don't you want to use Affresh? My washer instructions suggested it.

I don't have Very Happy (I want to wash my machine today and no store near me sells it )

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:08 am
My repair guy recommends two cups of lemon juice in the tub of the machine.... He said it does the Job well and is cheaper than affresh

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
My repair guy recommends two cups of lemon juice in the tub of the machine.... He said it does the Job well and is cheaper than affresh

Can I use vinegar?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 10:47 am
I wouldn't know if it's exactly the same.......He said the acid in the lemon juice kills mold. I have heard of people using vinegar in between affresh cycles (ex: affresh once a month and vinegar somewhere in between) but I do know that he said lemon juice is almost an equal substitute to the affresh....He said I can do lemon juice once a month and then affresh once in three months so this way the package of three tablets lasts nine months vs three.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 5:12 pm
Vinegar and lemon juice work the exact same way. Lemon juice smells nicer; vinegar costs less and doesn't leave behind little bits of pulp. Eilu ve'eilu.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
I wouldn't know if it's exactly the same.......He said the acid in the lemon juice kills mold. I have heard of people using vinegar in between affresh cycles (ex: affresh once a month and vinegar somewhere in between) but I do know that he said lemon juice is almost an equal substitute to the affresh....He said I can do lemon juice once a month and then affresh once in three months so this way the package of three tablets lasts nine months vs three.

Ur talking about a front loader right?
I set the machine to clean with affresh?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry