Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
City mini vs. britax b agile

calaflower

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 10:35 pm
Does anyone have any of these strollers?.we are trying to figure out which one to buy, the britsx seems like it's rated better, and it's less expensive, however, everywhere I go I find people having the city mini..
I'd really appreciate anyone's experience with any if these strollers.. Thanks!

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 10:56 pm
Just retired my City Mini for a Britax and loving it! And if everyone jumped off a bridge...?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

September June

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 11:04 pm
I researched both strollers and the IMO the Britax B Agile comes out ahead and is cheaper to boot.

calaflower

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 11:07 pm
Thanks, miyodea, just curious why you"retired" your city mini? Was it just too old and worn out, outer were there specific problems with it? I don't have to go with what everyone else does, it just made me wonder what ppl see in the city mini, being that I see it EVERYWHERE. Also, do you have the b-agile or a different Britax?
Thanks

persephonefalls

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 11:09 pm
Someone I know had a Britax, and ended up returning it and getting a City Mini instead.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 11:40 pm
no experience with the britax, but I LOVE my city mini for the convenience. If you have a car or ever have to easily close it with one hand I.e. to go on bus or up stairs somewhere, it cannot be beat IMO. It is perfect? No. No stroller is. But I have it over two years and it had quite a bit of abuse, plane travel etc... and it's still kicking. LOL

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Oct 20 2012, 11:54 pm
calaflower wrote:
Thanks, miyodea, just curious why you"retired" your city mini? Was it just too old and worn out, outer were there specific problems with it? I don't have to go with what everyone else does, it just made me wonder what ppl see in the city mini, being that I see it EVERYWHERE. Also, do you have the b-agile or a different Britax?
Thanks

The City Mini needed to be put out to pasture. It was really old and the chasis was bent from too many times being smashed on airplanes and into my trunk. I loved it, and it lasted really well, and I probably would have just replaced it with a new one, but the B-ready popped up on amazon when I was going to make the order, and it had the same rating and a way better price.

I think you see a lot of City Minis because the Britax is new, and a lot of people have their strollers for years and don't replace, or they get them as hand-me-downs.

The only draw back of the Britax is that it is a slightly wider stroller, so anywhere that the City Mini was a tight squeeze, the Britax doesn't fit. I absolutely love the basket. I was used to the City Mini and only being able to access from the sides. Truth is it never really bothered me, but I'm feeling so spoiled now with the Britax Smile
I also love that the Britax locks closed. My City Mini got a little more bent with every car ride and plane trip from all the bumping since it couldn't be locked closed.

Disclaimer: my toddler hates the new stroller, and now wants to walk (so why did I buy it?) because the seats are much harder then the City Mini. I imagine they will soften with wear, though.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Sep 02 2018, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:35 am
I made a post about this too and I ended up with the britax b agile.

It was only $175 on hayneedle.com
It is GREAT! I love it and my baby does too.

The pros:
The seat is wider, deeper and more padded so the child is more comfortable.
the basket is larger and way more accessible.
the bar where the break is, goes inwards so you don't keep kicking it when you walk.
the stroller automatically clicks locked when folded so it doesn't slide open like the city mini does.
the back of the seat opens so the child can get air AND it has a large pocket to store things.
It is also 2lbs lighter than the city mini.

The ONLY con is that it is in major back order for the kiwi color Sad and it is a drop wider than the city mini so any extremely narrow doorways are a bit harder.

Otherwise I would say go for it.

Plus it comes with car seat adaptors for no extra charge so if you have another kid in 2 yrs time all you need to buy is the britax car seat and you have a snap and go.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:44 am
chocolate chips wrote:
I made a post about this too and I ended up with the britax b agile.

It was only $175 on hayneedle.com
It is GREAT! I love it and my baby does too.

The pros:
The seat is wider, deeper and more padded so the child is more comfortable.
the basket is larger and way more accessible.
the bar where the break is, goes inwards so you don't keep kicking it when you walk.
the stroller automatically clicks locked when folded so it doesn't slide open like the city mini does.the back of the seat opens so the child can get air AND it has a large pocket to store things.It is also 2lbs lighter than the city mini.

The ONLY con is that it is in major back order for the kiwi color Sad and it is a drop wider than the city mini so any extremely narrow doorways are a bit harder.

Otherwise I would say go for it.

Plus it comes with car seat adaptors for no extra charge so if you have another kid in 2 yrs time all you need to buy is the britax car seat and you have a snap and go.

just wanted to say, on the 2012 city mini they must have changed these things. my city mini locks (not exactly "automatically" - its not like a button you press- but if you fold it tightly w/ n/t in the basket, it locks on its own. its one little piece to click into place)
they also made the basket more accessible. it's accessible from the back and both sides.
the back of the seat has mesh which you can leave open to the air or cover. it has a big pocket to store things.
im not sure what bar you're talking about. but I don't kick anything when I walk....

MiniMom

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 8:56 pm
op, what did u end up buying? just curious... & how much did u pay for it? im also looking into these 2.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 2:26 am
bump

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 9:52 pm
It is funny that I haven't been on here for months and I come on and see that this thread I commented on has been bumped up lol

Still love my britax. The newer ones have changed that the seat should sit more up but my kids love it and fight over who sits in it. Would buy it again in a heartbeat.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jul 16 2015, 10:00 pm
I also love my Britax B-Agile...and even got the double version. If you get the travel system with the car seat it will be the only stroller you need. It is pretty durable and lightweight, and the bar holding the back wheels together curves unlike the city mini, so your feet won't keep kicking it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics