Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
3yo Girl Toys?

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:04 pm
What are your 3yo daughter's favorite toys? We have a birthday coming up and I'm looking for ideas of new toys for her. The more variety the better since relatives also want to know what to buy. We already have mega tiles.
Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:09 pm
Kitchen corner
Doll house
Barbies
Play dough

mom2be1

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:25 pm
Magnetic dress up dolls, pegs with a foam board, Melissa and Doug cookie set or birthday cake, pretend food and never enough dolls, accesories, and strollers!

zcc

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:31 pm
Dolls accessories/ strollers/ dress up like mommy (bag, jewelry, phone...)
Kitchen- with accessories
Games - zingo, memory, spot it
Beads
Crafts kits
Puzzles

seeker

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:39 pm
I think it was 3 when my DD got a play dough fun factory for her birthday - big hit.
My almost-3-year-old plays a LOT with dolls/strollers/accessories, and with those magnetic dress-up dolls (Melissa and Doug makes them; we had some from another company that did not do as well)
Puzzles - 24 piece puzzles are just a drop too hard (can do with significant help) so I think that would be the right size to grow into, or aim smaller. Like the frame-tray puzzles where the outside helps you figure out where pieces need to go and they average maybe 15 pieces.
Summer/outdoor - those micro scooters with 3 wheels are very popular around here, trike.
Coloring books and crayons provide a great deal of amusement here. For other art/craft ideas you could try dot paint, finger paint. Chunky beads to string and later make patterns.
Very simple games like lotto/bingo where you match the card to your board, picture dominoes, maybe Candyland type games to grow into.

Pooh

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:40 pm
Magnatiles

seeker

Post Sat, Jul 18 2015, 10:59 pm
I don't know if it's still around but there's a board game Pretty Pretty Princess that was a HUGE hit with kids that age. (It has pretend jewelry that you put on as part of the game... nuff said. but kids love playing the game along with the dressing up.)

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:01 am
Thank you these are all great ideas. I'm wondering if any of these things your daughter can only play with with your help or she can play with all independently too? How do you set her up for play dough so it's not a huge mess?

Also wondering if any of these you would not have around if there is a 2yo who will want to participate?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:02 am
seeker wrote:
I don't know if it's still around but there's a board game Pretty Pretty Princess that was a HUGE hit with kids that age. (It has pretend jewelry that you put on as part of the game... nuff said. but kids love playing the game along with the dressing up.)

I think the original Hasbro version is discontinued, but a Jewish manufacturer just released a Jewish version.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 12:04 am
Building toys, such as blocks, Legos, and Clics are not just for boys!
Playmobil
Puppets (and puppet theater)
Easel
Dress up clothes
Art set

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:32 am
HABA (A company) has some excellent toys for the 2-6 year old range. Their toys are wooden and very good quality. Some of the toys are a little pricey, but they are educational and age appropriate. I would definitely recommend looking into them. There is also quite a pricey board game where children have to fill up baskets with fruit (I forgot the name), but I can look it up for you and I'm sure someone else on this board would know the name. Wishing you a lot of nachas.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 1:36 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
HABA (A company) has some excellent toys for the 2-6 year old range. Their toys are wooden and very good quality. Some of the toys are a little pricey, but they are educational and age appropriate. I would definitely recommend looking into them. There is also quite a pricey board game where children have to fill up baskets with fruit (I forgot the name), but I can look it up for you and I'm sure someone else on this board would know the name. Wishing you a lot of nachas.

Are you referring to Hi, Ho, Cherry-O? Because that's a pretty cheap game made by Hasbro. It can be found for $5 at times, on sale, at stores like Toys R Us (especially around the holidays). It's on a three year old level, but can get boring

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:07 am
MUST she have 3 year old GIRL toys???
Can't they just be toys suitable for 3 year olds???
What am I missing?
Lego and magnatiles, HiHo Cherry O, Easel, Puppets... They are toys for every child...

mommy43

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:16 am
My girls ages 2-10 can all play with doll houses for hours at a time.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:28 am
As of today my 3yr old dd's fave toy is her little tikes shopping cart. She puts her doo in the seat, throws a purse over her shoulder, and goes "shopping" all around the house filling up the cart just like mommy does!

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:52 am
Oh yes doll house is a good one that will be used for years. They never ever ever get tired of it.

Valley mom, it's true that girls can play with all the same toys boys do, but I do find my girls are more interested in certain things than their boy cousins of similar ages. I have seen the little boys go for the jewelry sometimes, but not much for the dollhouses and dress-up dolls, for example. I don't promote the idea of gender-specific toys but if my kids are interested in something, I'll go for it. So when my girl decided to go all girly after learning about disney princesses from some friends, I'll buy some princess stuff if it makes her happy...not exclusively, but it is what it is.

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 3:15 am
The 'baby alive' doll is perfect. It talks, eats, cries, poops... And the child even gets to make the food by mixing water with one of the little flavored porridge things it comes with.

It's expensive though. But maybe you can get it cheaper on eBay or something Chinese.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 3:56 am
Go to a thrift store and get lots of dress up clothes and ostentatious high heels. That and some beaded necklaces make for great creative play.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 11:09 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Are you referring to Hi, Ho, Cherry-O? Because that's a pretty cheap game made by Hasbro. It can be found for $5 at times, on sale, at stores like Toys R Us (especially around the holidays). It's on a three year old level, but can get boring

No. The game I'm referring to is Orchard by the Haba company. It runs around $35-$40.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics