Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms- any info pleas help!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 9:29 pm
My six year old woke up last night complaining that his tush hurt. I checked and he had pinworms. My biggest nightmare! This morning I gave him a dose of pinworm medicine. I washes all the linen and the rest of the laundry in water. Just now he complained of itching again and I found one worm. Is that normal what am I supposed to do? I'm freaking out. I am so worried that I have them too, and I am pregnant. Please help me! Any info or advice please!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 9:37 pm
There are a million posts here on pinworms. Use the "search" box in the upper lefthand corner. Here, I did it for you: http://www.imamother.com/forum.....08146

Vermox is the very best medication to use. In my experience, it's the only one that gets rid of them all in a single dose.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 9:51 pm
If you are not grossed out, put in a whole clove of garlic. They usually live up to two weeks. If you gave a dose of meds then wait a day for them to stay put. Wipe his tush well with wipes in the am and before he goes to bed and change the underpants too. Sweets and dairy isn't good to eat when they are having worms. Usually they die out if you give meds though.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 10:09 pm
I'm seeing lots of ads for Dr. Garlic now.
In my experience, it works well and wasn't so terrible tasting to give my kids in some juice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics