Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get rid of sweat stains!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 2:34 pm
Ok. I've been wanting to ask this for a while but never got around to it.
How in the world does everyone keep their "kiki rikkis" (that type of shirt) from getting permanent sweat stains? No matter what I do, the stains don't go away, and neither does that smell 100%. I'm not really the extreme sweater! I wear plenty of deodorant, and try and wash them every day. No luck! But in this ridiculous weather, my shirts are being ruined!

Please, someone give me a brilliant solution! I feel like I always smell even though the shirt was just washed!!

moonstone

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 3:16 pm
Next time you do laundry, add some vinegar. It should help with the smell- and no, your laundy won't smell like vinegar.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 5:19 pm
actually, pour some white vinegar on the stains and let it sit before washing. wash on hot or as warm as you can without damaging the garment.

you probably need more shells if you are experiencing this. look for cheap ones.

tsiggelle

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 5:31 pm
I once heard /saw the idea of using shampoo for sweat stains (eg collar on shirts)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 9:59 pm
shampoo is great for grease.

Happy18

Post Wed, Aug 22 2012, 10:44 pm
Maybe try switching deodorants.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 23 2012, 11:12 am
op here- thanks.
will vinegar get out the smell too? and can it work in any color shirt (like cream)?

paprika

Post Thu, Aug 23 2012, 11:18 am
I soak my white shirts in iron out and it gets out all the tough black stains. Don't use it for dark clothing.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 3:49 am
so the vinegar worked wonders to get rid of the sweat smell, but the sweat stains are still there... and I've tried it more than once. I've also let it sit with the vinegar overnight.

any suggestions how to get rid of the the actual stain??

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 8:22 am
I can't help with the stain, but have you ever tried using under arm shields?

girlzrus

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 10:41 am
not the op.
I tried the vinegar thing overnight and the stains and smell are still there. I'm worried cuz my expensive shabbos robe is starting to get those stains now.
the underarm shields are gr8 and I wear them to occasions but veeerrry uncomfortable. I'd love to lounge in comfort please

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 11:07 am
I am a BIG sweater and so is DH. but I never smell and if you go by smell, my shirts can be worn twice even in the hot hot weathers (but eeewww).
I take a vitamin that really helps with keeping the body clean. its GREAT! dh takes it too (mil won't beleive me but HE asked for it. lol)

there are lots of forms of this vitamin, in liquid, pill or capsul form.
I used to take it in pill from shaklee, it worked great but its not concentrated and you have to swallow LOTs of it and its round so hard to swallow.
then there is the liquid form one brand calls it clorafill (I think) but taking a liquid in the morning rush is a mess. the luquid is supposed to be the best.
and the capsul - what I currently take - is CLORELLA.

its super! I have a white shirt from pbj that is starting to get stained around the underarm after 3 years of constant use.

good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 11:08 am
What kind of stains are they? Do you mean the yellow underarm stains? If so, they're from deodorant, not sweat. I dont know how to get them out, I wish I did!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 19 2012, 4:41 am
what kind of deodarant is ok?
I've been using different dove roll on-- anyone know if thats my problem/?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:31 am
paprika wrote:
I soak my white shirts in iron out and it gets out all the tough black stains. Don't use it for dark clothing.

What sort of iron out product do you use for white shirts?
I found these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/.....n+out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry