Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Morningstar farms corn dogs

lucky14

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:44 pm
They're now certified OK-D. Just letting you guys know in case anyone else, like me, wanted them to be kosher. yay.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 7:50 pm
I know, it's SO unfair!!!

I've tried making my own corn dogs, but it's not as easy as you'd think. Parve cornbread falls apart very easily, and I have to shlep out the fryer… a total pain.

I love corn dogs SO much. Crying

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2015, 8:59 pm
I know. All of their items. No. Longer. Vegan.
Very upsetting. Their grillers prime burgers are superb. I can no longer serve them at the same meal as our meat burgers.

ETA: Oops. I totally misread. I see now that you were letting people know the corn dogs are now kosher. I thought you were complaining about the fact that their items used to be parve and are now dairy.

lucky14

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:13 am
Yeah I'm excited about the corn dogs being certified kosher now. I don't remember morningstar farms ever being parve. BTW almost all of Gardein's products are now certified BCK and they're parve, they have meatless patties and lots of other stuff.

m+m

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:41 am
Thanks for sharing! I love corn dogs!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
I know. All of their items. No. Longer. Vegan.
Very upsetting. Their grillers prime burgers are superb. I can no longer serve them at the same meal as our meat burgers.

ETA: Oops. I totally misread. I see now that you were letting people know the corn dogs are now kosher. I thought you were complaining about the fact that their items used to be parve and are now dairy.

They used to be parve? For as long as I can remember their products have been dairy....

SimchaSays

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:01 pm
Yay! Been waiting for the corn dogs to be kosher!
All their products are technically OU-DE but they don't use that anymore so it's under OU-D. There is no actual dairy in it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:03 pm
SimchaSays wrote:
Yay! Been waiting for the corn dogs to be kosher!
All their products are technically OU-DE but they don't use that anymore so it's under OU-D. There is no actual dairy in it.

They used to be certified as dairy equipment.
Read the new ingredients list. Their products now contain milk powder (and eggs which they never had before - products used to be vegan).

SimchaSays

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 12:07 pm
That's interesting. I'll double check. Dh's uncle is a strict vegan and I know his mother still buys it for him. And he always double checks her on ingredients. Unless she just buys it and he doesn't eat it which could be too...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen